A day in the life...
The Nordstrom HR team is a highly collaborative team of individuals who have a “seat at thetable” with our business partners. The HR Manager role touches all aspects of Human Resources while directly partnering with the business to design and implement programs that tie back tothe business strategy. Your business acumen, interpersonal skills and ability to make data driven decisions and recommendations will be critical.
- Partners with HR director to identify people priorities for the organization/client group.
- Supports the development and execution of a talent plan to achieve business goals.
- Partners with HR director and appropriate individuals to identify solutions to business challenges.
- Uses external and internal insights, data and trends to identify and help solve key people and business issues.
- Leads talent management activities and workforce planning to ensure a strong and diverse pipeline of talent for the organization/client group.
- Provides leadership coaching and supports team effectiveness efforts with client group.
- Supports change management and employee engagement efforts.
- Teaches, coaches and develops HR generalists and assistants.
- Works with team to manage employee issues by mediating conflicts, conducting investigations and reaching appropriate resolutions.
- Builds strong relationships with both employees and business leaders across theorganization.
- Delivers exemplary customer service through strong ownership and professionalism.
- Demonstrates a commitment to teamwork through relationship-building and collaboration.
- Manages and drives multiple HR programs in a fast paced, complex and matrixed business environment.
You own this if you have...
- 7-10 years directly applicable HR experience – partnering with business leaders and/or HR Specialist Teams to drive strategic and effective people outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters or advanced degree preferred.
- Experience working with Corporate Functions such as Finance, Strategy, Procurement and Risk Management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills with an ability to apply quantitative analysis toHR outcomes and use data to influence and drive decisions.
- Strong business and people acumen - ability to influence at all levels.
- Experience leading change management efforts for organizations undergoing large scale transformation.
- Experience partnering with business leaders on effective organizational design.
- Ability to partner across multiple teams within HR to deliver effective solutions.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.