In this role you will manage the total human resources function at the plant. This includes management recruitment and selection, employee relations, communications, wage and benefit administration, safety, training and development, compliance to all regulatory agencies relating to employment, policy administration, and union relations (if applicable). Works closely with management in developing and implementing policies and programs to meet the goals and needs of the organization through the most effective and efficient use of human resources.
Duties of the role include:
- Implement and maintain Best of the Best work processes related to performance assessment, employment law, staffing, progressive discipline and partner training and development.
- Drive the process to improve individual and team performance feedback as well as opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Implement preventive labor relations activities. Take the lead to assure compliance to regulatory agencies such as EEOC, FLSA, OSHA, and Affirmative Action. Primary contact in relationship with local union and administration of labor agreement.
- Administer the plant safety program with responsibility for all safety administration except environmental safety.
- Assure that established methods and processes are effectively functioning to measure and improve partner performance, teamwork, management style, plant organization design needs and plant climate. Partner with the Plant Manager to develop and motivate the leadership team and hourly partners to high levels of involvement in the Quality Improvement Process, productivity and morale in the achievement of their accountabilities. Assure that career paths are well defined and operational.
- Maintain appropriate staffing requirements for both hourly and salaried openings. Hire the Best of the Best hourly partners to maintain a world class operation. Drive the plant leadership recruiting process to include subsequent orientation and training.
- Participate on teams that develop competitive wage, incentive and benefit programs for the plant. Assure programs meet plant goals and constraints are properly communicated to partners and conform to government regulations.
- Partner with the local community organizations to foster a positive community relationship.
- Partner with counterparts in other converting plants to encourage creative alternatives and consistent application.
We're looking for leaders who thrive in fast-paced environments. The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related Field
- Minimum 5 Human Resources or similar responsibilities.
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities
- Internal partners: Must have a minimum of 2 years in current position.