- Coordinate with all departments the succession planning, recruiting, selection, training and development of all employees.
- Provide competent consultative advice and counsel to management on matters related to human resource utilization, problem solving, discipline, employment law, strategic planning and other areas as needed or requested. Consults on all terminations.
- Counsel managers and employees on practices and their contribution to problems in a constructive, appropriate and team building manner.
- Ensure all Company policies, procedures and appropriate governmental regulations are communicated and adhered to, with irregularities appropriately handled.
- Develop and maintain interpersonal relations with management and employees as evidenced by their expressed trust, utilization of Human Resource Manager and Department as a resource consultant and expressed confidence as an advocate for their issues.
- Ensure managers are trained in effective objective setting and performance review techniques and the process meets the Company and employee’s expectations.
- Develop and maintain programs, activities, plans and processes that create and permit a working environment which fosters a stable and productive work force with a high level of morale.
- Implement and administer a properly balanced total compensation package (sales incentives, employee incentives, job perquisites, 401-K, life, medical, etc.) that meets employee needs. Should be competitive and motivating to the point that the costs affect savings in a positive manner, i.e. less turnover, recruitment and retention of top qualified professional employees.
- Ensure proper administration of compensation policies and procedures by reviewing the administration (continuing program of evaluation and analysis of internal/external equity; ensuring proper classification of positions) and by training management in the principles and techniques of sound wage and salary administration.
- Administer employee Health and Safety programs that promote a safe and healthful workplace through proper planning, communication, awareness, training, supervision and control of hazards.
- Ensure management and employer compliance with Federal OSHA and State Health and Safety Laws and Regulations.
- Direct a program of orientation for new employees designed to provide necessary information for employees to become a productive and motivated member of the work force.
- Develop, in cooperation with management, a continuing program of supervisory training to prepare new and current supervisors with knowledge and skills of leadership and effective management techniques.
- Conduct in-house compliance audits in the areas of wage/hour, workers’ compensation, employment practices, state/federal health and safety, with emphasis on ensuring all practices conforms to local state and federal laws and regulations when required.
- Minimum educationrequired: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Special skills required: Interpersonal skills. Above average verbal/written communication skills. Effective training and negotiating abilities and ability to deal constructively with conflicts. Must have a high degree of patience with the ability to recognize potential problems. Knowledge of progressive Human Resource programs and processes.
- Special knowledge required: Knowledge of Employment Law and OSHA Regulations.
- Other: Computer skills
- Minimum experiencerequired: 6 years Human Resource experience in a management position.