Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
Global Tools and Storage (GTS) is looking for a Human Resource Manager to support all functions of the manufacturing center (non-union) operation. This position supports the business by providing direction on people strategies, organization development, and other business strategic initiatives. The Human Resource Manager will serve as a trusted advisor for the site.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to-
Human Resource Strategy and Leadership:
- Partners with business leaders to drive and deliver HR solutions to maximize people performance, strategy and workforce planning.
- Provides organization consulting on people strategies in support of the business objectives.
- Monitors progress against metrics and milestones, coaching leadership as needed.
- Manages a team of human resource professionals.
- Aligns HR programs and initiatives to support business objectives.
- Collaboration – promotes cross-business and cross-functional communication, sharing and teamwork
- Standardization – drives development and consistent application of HR Standard Operating Procedures
- Improvement – initiates new and innovative communication practices to promote and reinforce a strong culture
- Designs and implements leadership and talent development programs.
- Implements processes and experiences to grow the capacity of the organization’s key people resources that include key talent identification, planning, development, and recruitment.
- Facilitates interviews, candidate selection and compensation for all levels.
- Implements retention strategies focusing on key leaders and individuals with core competencies or skills critical to the organization.
- Reviews supply and demand analyses of the current and future people/skills needs of the organization and implements strategies and plans to meet those needs.
- Develop the strategic staffing plan in conjunction with the businesses’ overall strategic objectives.
- Implements processes and solutions in partnership with leadership which support a positive employee relations environment through effective communications, policies and practices.
- Provides guidance and mediation to employees and managers in the resolution of work related issues and inquires.
- Advises leaders on employee relations issues, policies and procedures.
Organization Development and Design:
- Evaluates organizational effectiveness and advises on the development of solutions.
- Assess training needs and implement training solutions.
- Identifies organizational design needs and drives the implementation of solutions.
- Acts as a change agent to the business and implements processes and approaches, which prepare employees for ongoing change and transformation.
- Identifies change management needs and tailors strategy and programs to fit needs of the organization.
- Consults on process improvement initiatives.
- Identifies strategies to increase productivity, employee performance, and employee satisfaction.
- Facilitates the communication of the organization culture, vision, and values.
- Monitors metrics to track the effectiveness of these initiatives.
Total Rewards Strategy:
- Maximizes the organization’s compensation, reward and recognition programs.
- Provides compensation analysis for market and adjustment recommendations.
- Leads merit, compensation planning and communication.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in Human Resources, Administration or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive HR leadership experience working in multiple HR disciplines, including Talent Acquisition and Employee Relations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with employees and managers at all levels, including proven ability to influence leaders
- A high achiever with a track record of enhancing and facilitating best-in-class HR results.
- Comfortable working through situations and advising leaders on appropriate course of action
- Proven ability to formulate human resource strategies and plans in support of the business goals
- Generates creative and innovative solutions to problems
- Master’s degree (MHR, MILR, MBA) is a strong plus
- Accountability – Makes and meets commitments. Accepts responsibility. Has a passion for excellence.
- Integrity – Operates in accordance with our business conduct policies. Is honest, fair and trustworthy in all activities and relationships. Strives to create a safe workplace and to protect the environment.
- Respect – Treats others with respect and candor. Actively supports a diverse work environment. Builds positive work relationships.
- Speed – Has a bias for action. Takes calculated risks based on quality data. Drives for standardization and simplification.
- Stretch – Sets aggressive goals and celebrates progress. Continually strives to be best in class. Has a passion to exceed customer expectations.
- Vision – Creates clear, simple, reality-based, customer-focused strategy and goals. Build trust and commitment through candid communication. Energizes and excites others.
- “Boundaryless” – Is open to ideas from anywhere. Participates openly and constructively without alienating others. Has a global perspective