The Human Resources Manager position directly manages all aspects of human resources for the Piedmont, SC plant, and three smaller facilities in South Carolina, Michigan and California. The HR Manager will function as a business partner to the Director of Manufacturing for the same sites, and will advise, develop, and implement the Human Development Strategic Business Plan. TheHR Manager will be involved with change managemRent, continuous improvement and organizational development in relation to the plants as well as the Composite Materials Global Business Unit. TheHRManager will partner with managers to ensure the business is ethically and legally compliant, and promote employees relations, policy, and procedure consistent with The Solvay Way.
- Manage broad HR activities including but not limited to staffing, employee relations, union avoidance, labor relations, compensation and benefits, performance management, workforce planning, and compliance.
- Coach and counsel managers and lead technicians on fair and consistent application of all policies and procedures regarding associate employment, performance, development, evaluation and discipline.
- Develop communication strategies to ensure complete and accurate dissemination of information, and transparency of business plans to the floor.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations in regards to employment.
- Develop annual AAP including strategies to meet participation goals.
- Identify roles & responsibilities across the organization to adjust to business needs and improve operational effectiveness.
- Manage staffing needs including succession planning, right-sizing, leadership development and recruitment activities.
- Conduct annual wage & benefit surveys and analysis, leading to strategic action development.
- Lead successful execution of the talent management process.
- Maintain non-union status at Piedmont, Rock Hill and D’Aircraft.
- Operate effectively within the GBU management matrix to drive organizational effectiveness.
- Mentor and manage HR generalist.
- Knowledge and experience of a manufacturing culture.
- Practical experience should include plant floor interactions, demonstrated leadership abilities and problem solving abilities.
- Strong communication at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree of Human Resource or Business Management is required.
- 7+ years HRexperience is required
- Multi-site experience within a manufacturing facility
- PHR or SPHR certifications are not required but a plus.