SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration.
Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Phoenix office of SmithGroupJJR, is looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our team. We are seeking a people-focused HR professional with keen interpersonal skills to lead the local HR function.
The Human Resources Manager serves an integral role in creating, delivering and administering programs and initiatives focused on creating a culture of engagement, inclusion and excellence.
Working with us, you will:
- Be responsible for overall HR strategies including compensation, benefits, HRIS, employee relations, management, EEO compliance, recruitment, organizational development, staffing plans, and operating budgets for the local HR team.
- Provide guidance and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with firm policies and regulations.
- Manage specific HR projects as well as participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- Manage payroll, benefits, and administrative areas of HR for local office.
- Lead the performance management process and ensure development coaches and employees participate at expected levels.Coach staff on individual professional development.
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field and 7 or more years progressive HR generalist experience.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and statutes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities along with mentorship, leadership, organization and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate across all levels of the Company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong computer literacy is required as well as experience with data entry, HRIS system maintenance and file management in a professional setting.
- Strong working knowledge of Ultipro preferred.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement.
We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays.
We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.