WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60, employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and assonate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
The Human Resources Manager is primarily responsible for directing the Human Resources organization at the facility.
The HR Manager is responsible for working with the Site Manager or Area Directors to create strategies, policies and programs that achieve the following for the facility:
• Effective Employee Relations strategies that foster a safe, positive, productive and engaging work environment.
• Leading training initiatives to maximize site and employee performance.
• Ensure site compliance with Corporate/Division Policy and all applicable external laws and regulations.
• Provide growth and opportunity for all employees.
• Align performance and structure to Division and Regional objectives.
• Ensure functional excellence of the Human Resources staff.
• Successful completion of continuous improvement / lean projects that drive process and standardization enhancements.
• Lead and drive Company, Division and Region initiatives and programs
Major tasks include:
• Recruit and select qualified exempt and non-exempt personnel. Conduct pre-employment background checks and drug screening to determine applicant employability. Ensure compliance with federal and state legislation as well as manage job-posting system.
• Develop and conduct new hire orientation programs plus maintain accurate GEMS (Oracle HRIS system) data entry and the integrity of the personnel files including medical files.
• Interact with all employees to develop positive attitudes and employee engagement within the plant. Resolve conflicts when they arise. Implement programs and policies in benefits, safety, security and otherHR areas. The HR Manager will also review employee discipline, attendance and the company substance abuse programs.
• Manage plant salary review program in compliance with salary budget and compensation policy, initiate compensation surveys and studies as required to determine appropriate pay rates, analyze data to facilitate equitable pay and classifications, maintain progression rates (if applicable) and general increases and maintain and update job descriptions when required.
• Develop and implement Division, Corporate and local plant policy and procedures, including documentation of employee acknowledgements.
• Manage employee worker's compensation program and coordinate cases with Corporate Worker's Compensation and carrier. The HR Manager also will coordinate medical care with MD and supervisor to expedite the employee's return to work and evaluate the employee's condition relative to work assignment and tasks.
• Implement employee development and training programs.
• Monitor EEO and annual AAP programs.
• Utilize Continuous Improvement tools: HR Balanced Scorecard, Document Management, Employee Relations System, Six Sigma, Transactional Lean and other metrics to drive HR improvement for the site.
• Ensure accurate and timely completion of annual Employee Opinion Survey and employee engagement initiatives, including but not limited to action plans and engagement activities.
• Must be at least 18years of age
• Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
• Must have a four yearBachelor's degree from an accredited institution or 4years of work experience
• Must have experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point or Access)
• At least 3years of previous experience in Human Resources or a related field
• Continuous Improvement training and/or certifications (Six Sigma or Transactional Lean) are preferred
• Prior supervisory experience is preferred
• Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment is preferred
• Experience in a multi-shift 24/7 operation is preferred
• Willingness to relocate if considered for future promotional opportunities is preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Who we are
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.