Are you inspired to be a part of an organization committed to protecting wildlife around the globe? San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a mission-based, non-profit wildlife conservation organization with two world famous front doors where we unite our passion for wildlife, expertise in wildlife care, and conservation science to save species from the brink of extinction. Our commitment is to provide visits to the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park as opportunities to learn about and engage with best-in-class conservation work, and how that work is changing outcomes for wildlife everyday.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR MISSION
The Human Resources Manager supports San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance's mission and vision of saving species worldwide by coordinating and leading the efforts of the Human Resources team in the day-to-day operations and aligning the human resources function with the overall strategy of the San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance operations. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Consult with all employees to provide Human Resource guidance for issues including, but not limited to coaching & counseling, interpretation of laws and policies related to employment and all other areas of human resources discipline.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding and training new team members in the department.
- Oversee & support the day-to-day human resources front office operations, ensures efficiencies and high levels of employee customer service.
- Enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices.
- Support Talent team by counseling managers on candidate selection, conducting and analyzing exit interview and recommending changes.
- Assist in rewards and recognition programs and training strategies.
- Assist in interpreting the Collective Bargaining Agreement as needed.
- Assist in implementing organization strategy.
- Ensure department budget is adhered to and adjustments made based on operational needs.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is seeking an individual who is inspired to be a part of an organization that is committed to protecting wildlife around the globe. A leader to join us in our commitment to provide opportunities to learn about, engage with best-in-class conservation work, and share how that work is changing outcomes for wildlife every day through visits to the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
- Must have 3 years human resource management experience.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- California Driver License
- SHRM Certification Preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with diverse group of people of various ages, abilities and backgrounds.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have thorough knowledge of employment-related laws, regulations and labor relations.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Must be able to operate Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to prepare and make presentations.