Albertsons Companies is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,294 stores, 23 distribution facilities and 20 manufacturing plants with over 275,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned withsupermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Chain team in Southern California has an opening for a Human Resources Manager supporting multiple manufacturing facilities.
**This position is based in Riverside, CA
- Partner with all levels of management and employees to communicate various HR objectives and procedures in compliance with company policy and employment law.
- Interpret, communicate and ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and federal and state-specific employment laws.
- Act as a first point of contact for management and provide appropriate support and guidance in regard to employee/labor relations issues, inquiries and complaints. Investigate employment, grievance, EEO and/or ADA related issues. Draft investigative reports, report findings and respond appropriately in partnership with legal counsel and management.
- Provide proactive and reactive consultation and coaching on employee/labor relations issues to include assisting managers with the implementation ofperformance reviews, leadership bench/succession planning, progressive discipline and performance management plans.
- Administer and advise client groups on all needs related to leave and ADA administration to ensure Federal and state-specific compliance.
- Manage the applicant process, including but not limited to: source and identify candidates, review and screen resumes, and interview candidates at all levels including management roles.
- Build strong business partnerships with Hiring Managers by developing effective recruiting strategies.
- Effectively manage applicants through applicant tracking system from application to onboarding.
- Work with business groups to manage compensation needs. Ensure competitive compensation for retention, manage the merit review process for designated business groups, administer pyramid reviews and other processes; administer performance evaluation process for exempt and non-exempt.
- Support for all benefit related questions and issues; consult business groups on benefit impacts through employee leaves.
- Coordinate with training department to support training and development for assigned client groups. Facilitate training as needed in the areas ofmanagement & overall associate development, diversity, harassment, new hire orientations, and performance management.
- Under direction of the Sr. HR Manager, consult clients on changing organizational needs; participate in developing and conducting reorganizations to maximize the effective use of resources and minimize adverse impact and risk. Assist management in communicating restructures to team members.
- Process and manage all organizational changes and movements through PeopleSoft and conduct data audits to ensure accuracy.
- Supports department and company-wide special projects and additional responsibilities as they present themselves.
- Cultivate a positive, engaging and innovative work environment by providing HR support to multiple clients in various geographic regions.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in business, human resources or related field equivalent workexperience.
- Master's degree beneficial.
- HRCI and/or SHRM Certification a plus.
- 5+ years of progressive and relevant high-level HR experience in theareas of employee/labor relations, internal investigations, conflict resolution, performance management, training, compensation, talent acquisition, risk management and loss control.
Skills and Experiences:
- HR generalist experience with an emphasis on training, management coaching, employee relations, conflict resolution, and management/organizational development preferred.
- Proven ability to solve problems and generate viable solutions using creativity, innovation, sound judgment and sound decision making.
- Must be approachable and effective with the ability to influence change across all levels of the organization.
- Strong conflict management/resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High degree of initiative; proven team player, excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize duties.
- HR recruiting experience to include positions at management level.
- Online recruiting software experience preferred.
- Must be able to manage confidential information.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, but also sensitive to situations where information must be shared on a "need to know" basis.
- Strong knowledge of related federal and state employment laws and regulations including ADA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PFL and workers' compensation.
- Proficient computer skills including PeopleSoft and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Long Distance Travel less than 10%. Frequent travel between plants located in Southern California expected.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships withour customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies' policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard torace, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace. All applicants offered a position are required topass a pre-employment drug screen before final employment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER