PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides consultation and problem solving on organizational design and development, change management, recruitment and selection, performance management, employee/managerial development, succession planning, employee relations, training, and policy/procedure interpretations. Operates in a highly matrixed company. Helps ensure alignment between business unit, division and corporate practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and administers human resources plans for assigned client groups.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and processes.
- Investigates and resolves employee relations problems. Anticipates problems whenever possible, and develops, recommends, and initiates appropriate steps for resolution.
- Recommends new approaches and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Provides coaching, consulting and problem solving in areas including but not limited to recruitment and selection, performance management, leadership, management and employee development, succession planning, employee relations, training and policy/procedure interpretation and implementation.
- May investigate and resolve employee relations issues. Partner with and coach managers and employees through the process. Identify pro-active steps to avoid recurring issues. Consults with management on complex or high-risk issues.
- In accordance with established guidelines, provides managers and supervisors with interpretation and guidance regarding HR policies, legal and compliance matters to ensure fair and consistent application.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Identifies and determines pro-active steps to avoid recurring issues.
- Track and communicate key HR performance indicators for assigned organization. Determine corrective actions where appropriate.
- May assist in Affirmative Action planning and reporting.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- May represent the Company at employment-related claims hearings with external agencies.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to travel up to 25%.
Bachelor’s Degreerequired; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8years’ related experience; or a Master’s degree with 3 years’ experience; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- SHRM Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) is desirable, or a plus.
- Experience in handling complex employee relations issues, knowledge of sound human resources principles as well as the HR regulatory environment is a plus.
- Must have assessment, presentation, communication, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Experience effectively addressing sensitive and/or stressful situations and information with tact, discretion and strict adherence to confidentiality requirements.
- Must possess excellent organizational, teamwork, process and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to multi-task in a changing, highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrates strong time management and project management skills.
- Broad understanding of employment laws.
- Some experience with organized labor, preferred.
- Strong computer skills with extensive knowledge with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job ID 180009CI