A leader in global irrigation and innovating The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our global HR team. As a member of this highly effective group of HR Managers and Recruiters, your leadership will ensure that the organization's talent remains a key competitive advantage. You will model our core values including ethical behavior and integrity, safety, quality and hard work while making a difference in the organization through the relationships you develop and by becoming a trusted advisor to the business and HR team.
This position manages the implementation, interpretation, and administration of the company’s human resources (HR) policies and programs in the areas of performance management, succession planning, employee relations, staffing, compensation, training and development. The successful candidate will have broad range of business experiences outside of the human resources department.
Who You Are
You want to own your development and path. You desire to have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. You are highly motivated to achieve excellence and be surrounded by others who inspire innovation. A job title is not considered the final definition of who you are but the starting point. You enjoy a fast-paced and results-oriented environment. You have the ability and enjoy working at all levels in the organization and flex easily between strategic, tactical and transactional efforts.
- Identifying areas to improve morale, leadership skills, and organizational effectiveness
- Facilitating the employee performance management process, including but not limited to performance reviews, employee development and corrective action
- Developing and implementing HR actions that support the Strategic Business Unit and Operations strategic plans to enhance the company’s competitiveness
- Guiding supervisors to ensure consistent application of HR policies and practices
- Ensuring compliance with local labor laws
- Investigating employee concerns and recommending solutions
- Partnering with operations, Loss Prevention and outside consultants to support a safe working environment
- Supporting the compensation and benefits processes
- Assisting in the recruiting process
- Designing and conducting leadership, managerial and employee training
- Participating in recognition, morale building and community involvement activities when appropriate
Why You Are Qualified
- You've demonstrated your commitment to learning by earning a Bachelor's Degree in an applicable discipline. You may have also pursued or obtained a Master's Degree or MBA. You have a desire to continuously learn, within and beyond your current discipline.
- You have 7-10years of applicable business experience and general knowledge of Human Resources, either from working as part of a HR team or through people leadership. You may also have experience working with multi-national companies, influencing global standards and harmonizing business processes through the implementation of best practices.
- You maybe multilingual and have excellent communication skills. You are comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization and use your skills to inspire and influence the organization to action.
- You embrace change, are comfortable with ambiguity and are a self-starter. You are willing to try new approaches, implement and deploy new processes or technologies that help the organization be more efficient and effective.
- You have demonstrated the ability to remain compliant with local regulations and company policies. You may also have specific knowledge of US labor laws and best practices as well as experience with Mexico and International markets. You are able to help others understand the need for acting in a manner compliant with laws and regulations and can implement programs to help the company adapt to legal changes.
- You may have experience with project management, process improvement, system implementations or manufacturing methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of applicable experience
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Superior potential demonstrated through academic and work history
- Bilingual English-Spanish Speaker
- Graduate degree
- Experience working with multi-national companies
- Compensation and benefits experience