Key Functional Competencies for success in the role:
• Capability Builder - Begin to identify the capabilities client groups need for success, and where strengths and gaps are. Provide reliable guidance on sourcing and selecting talent for clients’ positions. Provide guidance on organization design & resource allocation decisions. Coach employees & managers on somewhat complex issues. Communicate & support the leadership brand of client groups. Provide reliable guidance on career development options with clients.
• Change Champion – Contribute to change initiatives with client groups. Help clients adapt to & work through changes. Sustain change through persistent & consistent communication & messaging with client groups.
• HR Expert, Innovator & Integrator – Proficient in internal HR policies & processes. Knowledgeable of external HR trends. Apply & interpret local employment laws and regulations; ensure compliance. Drive performance through guidance, planning & execution of performance management, engagement & compensation with client groups. Identify opportunities to improve HR practices/processes. Counsel clients on people & leadership –related issues.
• Technology Proponent – Proficiently use technology to deliver HR processes (e.g., for onboarding, training, employee information gathering) and to communicate & connect with employees and colleagues. Proficiently use social media to impact our identity externally.
Key Leadership Competencies for success in the role:
• Decision Quality - Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
• Creativity - Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
• Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
• Organizational Agility - Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
• Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people—up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
• Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Integrity & Trust - Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
• Self-Development - Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; Understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; Works to deploy strengths; Works on compensating for weakness and limits.
• Minimum of 6+ years of experience in Human Resources, including broad based HR generalist experience; management experience and experience in professional services preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree; Masters preferred
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Explorer, and Outlook)
• Strong knowledge and experience creating and implementing Human Resources practices and procedures
• Strong business partnering, influencing and planning skills