Support the strategic direction of the company by developing a high performance team culture, by being responsible for the entire range of human resource administration and employee relations for the Whitewater, WI facility. Implement policies and programs in such areas as recruitment, employment, organizational planning, training, wage, salary and benefits administration, labor relations, and communications. Provide guidance and technical assistance in these areas to other staff and operation functions.
- Secures qualified employees by developing and managing recruiting, interviewing, selecting and on-boarding applicants.
- Represents the organization during negotiations; administers and interprets the collective bargaining agreement and responds to grievances.
- Work on Human Resource projects as directed by the VP of HR and other projects as assigned.
- Administers salary and benefit plans and compiles statistics.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions and resolving work related issues.
- Organizes and leads Human Resources, Reception and Office Services staff in Whitewater facility by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching and counseling, disciplining employees and initiating, coordinating and enforcing policies, procedures and productivity standards.
- Safeguards personnel records by establishing, controlling and storing records while maintaining employee confidentiality.
- Maintains Safety records; assist Safety Director with safety committee and programs.
- Oversee administration of Whitewater payroll.
JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to supervise and develop others and delegate duties as needed.
- Knowledge of employment law, labor relations and benefits management.
- High standards of professional ethics and business conduct
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality standards.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor, cooperative personality with ability to participate effectively in a collaborative team environment.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Seven years in a related position in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years in a supervisory role
- Union shop or union avoidance activities.
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR TRAINING REQUIREMENT:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position required.
- HR certification
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Professional certification in Human Resources strongly preferred.