Support the strategic direction of the company by developing a high performance team culture, by being responsible for the entire range of human resource administration and employee relations for the Mokena, IL, Tinley Park, IL and Centennial, CO facilities and for home-based employees linked to those locations.
Implement and administer policies and programs in such areas as recruitment, employment, organizational planning, training, wage, salary and benefits administration, labor relations, and communications. Provide guidance and technical assistance in these areas to other staff and operation functions.
- Ensure staffing of qualified employees by developing and managing recruitment, interview, selection and on-boarding process, including intern and co-op programs.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions and helping to resolve work related issues.
- Organize and lead HR and reception team at assigned locations by communicating job expectations; planning monitoring work assessing results; enforcing policies and ensuring quality and productivity standards are achieved.
- Support all HR-related programs and projects as required or assigned.
- Administer salary and benefit plans, compile data and produce regular reports.
- Safeguard human resource records by establishing, controlling and storing data (physical and electronic files) while maintaining employee confidentiality.
JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of collective bargaining and union shop requirements.
- Ability to supervise and develop others and delegate duties as needed.
- Knowledge of employment law, labor relations and benefits management.
- High standards of professional ethics and business conduct
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality standards.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor, cooperative personality with ability to participate effectively in a collaborative team environment.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
- Seven years in a related position in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years in a supervisory role
- Union shop or union avoidance activities.
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR TRAINING REQUIREMENT:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position required.
- HR certification
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Professional certification in Human Resources strongly preferred.