The HR Manager serves as a member of the FTI leadership team and will report to the General Manager of the facility. The ideal candidate will bring demonstrated experience in positively influencing business outcomes through excellence in HR programs, including talent acquisition, talent development and employee engagement. Day to day the HR Manager will work closely with managers, supervisors and employees to provide tactical HR support as well as developing a strategic direction for HR and the business Key Responsibilities:
• Leads organizational programs related to talent development and succession planning.
• Plans and drives employee engagement activities to recognize and reward both individuals and teams within the organization.
• Leads employee relations activities including, consulting with managers on employee performance issues, listening and responding to employee questions and concerns and as necessary conducting investigations and facilitating conflict resolution.
• Provides coaching and training for managers, supervisors and production leads on subjects such as interviewing, performance management, legal compliance, safety practices, etc.
• Provides leadership in bringing the organization through change via creative problem solving and timely, effective messaging.
• Administers compensation programs, including base pay and the quarterly cash bonus. May conduct market studies to ensure compensation programs are competitive and equitable.
• Oversees and directly performs full-cycle recruiting for a variety of exempt and non-exempt positions.
• Ensures the organization complies with state and federal employment and labor laws and ensures compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, and Affirmative Action requirements.
• Reports and tracks key HR metrics such as headcount and turnover. Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree with major in Human Resources Management, Business, Social Science, or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred.
• Six to ten years Human Resource management experience, including experience as the member of leadership team and experience managing people.
• Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, inspire trust and confidence and bring problems to resolution in the interest of both the employee and the business.
• Ability to effectively bounce back and forth between performing daily, transactional HR activities and providing strategic advice and counsel to the leadership team.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Ability to work and communicate with all levels of the business and a broad general understanding of the business function.
• Extensive knowledge of the Human Resource function, emerging HR trends, and familiar with all areas of sound HR management.
• High level of business acumen with the ability to understand and communicate organizational metrics and how human resources programs are able positively impacts business outcomes.