Carson City, NV
Industry: Manufacturing / Electronics•
5 - 7 years
Posted 391 days ago
Human Resources Manager - PCC Carson City, NV
Precision Castparts Corp.
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is Headquartered in Portland, Oregon and employees more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is the world leader in structural investment castings, forged components, and airfoil castings for aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. Airbus, Boeing, GE, Rolls-Royce, and many other leading manufacturers depend on us for critical airframe, engine, power generation, medical, and general industrial components. With few exceptions, every aircraft in the sky flies with parts made by PCC.
PCC has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%. Due to our long-term success, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. in February 2016. Mr. Buffet stated, “I’ve admired PCC’s operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world’s aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire’s Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire.”
PCC Structurals Inc.
PCC Structurals, Inc. is a division of Precision Castparts, and also Headquartered in Portland, Oregon. PCC Structurals Division operates 12 facilities in the United States including Oregon, Nevada, California, Utah, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Florida as well as a facility in France. We are committed to providing customers with industry-leading products and high-quality service.
We exercise a single-minded focus on people, profit, and performance. PCC Structurals specializes in nickel-based superalloy, titanium, stainless steel, and aluminum investment castings for aerospace, land-based turbine, medical, military armament, and many other applications. Our division's emphasis on high-quality, low-cost, and timely delivery has enabled it to become the leading supplier of structural investment castings worldwide.
• PCC Structurals makes the largest investment castings in the world in Titanium, Steel, and Super-alloy (up to 2 meters).
• We serve the biggest players in the Aerospace industry: GE, Pratt & Whitney, Rolls Royce, Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, and Snecma.
• In addition to aero-engine and airframe components, we create medical prosthetics, power generation components, nuclear power plant components, Formula 1 parts, parts for renewable energy applications, railroad car components, parts for military vehicles, UAV components, and missile parts.
The Structurals Division is run by leaders who when faced with problems choose to see it, solve it, drive it and own it. We are smart and resourceful team players who are committed to winning daily. We are completely comfortable challenging upwards, focused on finding innovative solutions and able to roll up our shirt sleeves and operate tactically, yet think strategically.
Human Resources Manager - PCC Carson City
PCC Carson City is a manufacturing plant with approximately 225 employees. PCC Carson City is a key contributor of the PCC Structurals Division of Precision Castparts Corp
The HR Manager serves as a member of the PCC Carson City leadership team with a dual reporting relationship to the facility General Manager and Division Human Resources Director. The ideal candidate will bring demonstrated experience in positively influencing business outcomes through excellence in HR programs, including talent acquisition, talent development and employee engagement. Day to day the HR Manager will work closely with managers, supervisors and employees to provide tactical HR support as well as developing a strategic direction for HR and the business.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leads organizational programs related to talent development and succession planning.
• Plans and drives employee engagement activities to recognize and reward both individuals and teams within the organization.
• Leads employee relations activities including, consulting with managers on employee performance issues, listening and responding to employee questions and concerns and conducting investigations and facilitating conflict resolution.
• Provides coaching and training for managers, supervisors and production leads on subjects such as interviewing, performance management, legal compliance, safety practices, etc.…
• Provides leadership in bringing the organization through change via creative problem solving and timely, effective messaging. Reports and tracks key HR metrics such as headcount and turnover.
• Administers compensation programs, including base pay and the quarterly cash bonus. May conduct market studies to ensure compensation programs are competitive and equitable.
• Oversees and directly performs full-cycle recruiting for a variety of exempt and non-exempt positions.
• Partners with the PCC Structurals, centralized benefits to bring robust and cost effective health and welfare benefits programs to the work force.
• Ensures the organization complies with state and federal employment and labor laws and ensures compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, and Affirmative Action requirements and ensure.
• Manages a team of three: HR Generalist, Safety Specialist and Manufacturing Administrative Assistant.
• Bachelors degree with major in Human Resources Management, Business, Social Science, or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred.
• Six to ten years Human Resource management experience, including experience as the member of leadership team and experience managing people. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, inspire trust and confidence and bring problems to resolution in the interest of both the employee and the business.
• Ability to effectively bounce back and forth between performing daily, transactional HR activities and providing strategic advice and counsel to the leadership team.
• Ability to work and communicate with all levels of the business and a broad general understanding of the business function.
• Extensive knowledge of the Human Resource function, emerging HR trends, and familiar with all areas of sound HR management.
• High level of business acumen with the ability to understand and communicate organizational metrics and how human resources programs are able positively impacts business outcomes.
• Must have a demonstrated knowledge of state and federal employment and labor laws.