Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Human Resources [HR] Manager to provide strategic leadership and comprehensive support in a variety of areas (e.g. organizational design & structure, talent management, recruiting / staffing, compensation, benefits, legal compliance, policy / procedure development & administration, employee relations, etc.) as well as strategic planning that furthers the mission, values, and strategic vision for our Filtration Solutions business. This person can be based out of the following locations: St. Paul, MN; Conroe, TX; Delavan, WI; or Palm Coast, FL. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Director for the Business Unit, this role is responsible for partnering with the vertical business & functional leaders on a broad range of HR initiatives / programs in support of the Commercial, Engineering/Product Development, Operations/Manufacturing, and/or SG&A activities within the designated locations across the USA. Primary responsibilities will include:
Talent Management: Performance management process, talent acquisition, and talent development are all keys to the success of the organization and critical priorities for this role; this person has responsibility for the development of process(es) and implementation of key talent tools.
Organizational Design: Reviewing current structure and recommending improvements to align the business with our future growth needs, as well as identifying opportunities for talent upgrade, employee development, & redeployment are critical responsibilities for this role.
Employee relations: This role supports Pentair’s initiatives to re-define the culture, building on PIMS (Pentair Integrated Management Systems), the Pentair values (including our key culture change concepts), and utilizing Lean principles (as well as continuous improvement methodology), strategy deployment, and other methods to achieve a culture focused on growth and operational excellence.
Compensation & Benefits: Evaluating and managing the current compensation structure, incentive plans (specifically sales incentives), and making recommendations will be an opportunity in this role; managing existing corporate-driven Compensation & Benefit programs will also be a key part of this role.
Training: Management training, process control, and employee development are key priorities for this position.
Continuous Improvement: The role will involve looking at existing processes and focusing on improvement of tools, digitization, process controls, etc. (as well as increasing the overall efficiency of the HR function).
Additional duties may be assigned, as needed.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree is required; Master’s degree is a plus.
- 5 years of professional experience working as a HR Generalist and/or HR Management role.
- Experience working in a corporate HR environment is strongly-preferred; experience supporting multiple sites is a plus.
- Proven leadership experience is strongly preferred; recent experience with managing and/or supervising direct subordinates is a plus.
- Experience in culture change and change management is highly-preferred.
- Masters degree in Human Resources, Management, or Business Administration (e.g. MBA).
- Certification and/or advanced training in HR (e.g. SPHR, PHR, SCP, CP, CCP, and/or CEBS).+
- Experience working with Compensation & Benefits, especially with Sales Incentive Plans and/or telecommuting staff.
- Experience with talent management, skills-gap analysis, professional development, etc.
- Understanding of Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Experience with acquisition and integration.
- Experience in organizational design and structure development.
- Experience supporting commercial and professional organizations & employees.
- Able to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans.
- Solid project leadership & execution skills.
- Strong communication (verbal & written) and facilitation skills.
- Flexible, motivated, and resourceful; ability to demonstrate resiliency in the face of change is a plus.
- Effective problem-solving & analytical skills
- Experience in developing and implementing an HRIS.
- Ability to work independently while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to deal with employees at all levels and maintain good employee relations.
- Above average attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain awareness of trends in HR and relevant employment law; active membership in SHRM is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Labor Law and Human Resource practices.
- Ability to handle stressful situations calmly and swiftly.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.