The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for providing strategic Human Resources leadership to the business unit in attracting, developing, retaining, and engaging the highest quality people in order to achieve Business Excellence. This position will drive the business unit’s staffing organization to become a strategic and value-added organization that is recognized for delivering the right talent through a deep understanding of the organization. Position will also be responsible for driving and delivering results on people, employee relations, training, performance and talent management, and succession planning for the corporate office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the management of staffing initiatives for the office. Lead and manage all recruiting resources, activities, and processes
2. Manage various human resources plans and procedures for office employees and direct the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures. Ensure that all employment policies support and promote positive employer/employee relations and the Company’s Continuous Improvement philosophy
3. Participate in the development, establishment, and implementation of department goals, objectives, and systems that directly impact HR strategy and overall business plans for the Company. Provide assistance to ensure that the HR strategy reflects the Oshkosh Corporation philosophy as well as HR best practices when benchmarked against other organizations
4. Will report directly to the Sr HR Manager responsible for the corporate functions. Will have the opportunity to partner directly with the VP of Human Resources on key projects and initiatives as required by the business.
5. Maintain current knowledge of changes in federal and state employment laws, rules, and regulations. Advise management of changes in such laws as necessary. Update and distribute revised employment policies and procedures to ensure Company compliance with all current employment laws, rules, and regulations. Communicate with Senior Legal Counsel as necessary to ensure Company compliance as well
6. Act as a business partner for managers and supervisors providing counseling and support as necessary in dealing with employer/employee relations’ issues and interpretation/application of employment policies and procedures. Work directly with first-level managers and senior managers to resolve more complex issues
7. Control the preparation and maintenance of job descriptions for all office positions. Ensure that all employees have current job descriptions, and that the incumbent in the position has reviewed them with the immediate supervisor and that job descriptions are properly signed off for employment file retention purposes
8. Manage the employment offer process for non-exempt and exempt employees. Ensure that employment offers are consistent for all new hires
9. Oversee the implementation and maintenance of internal job posting records and external recruiting records processing procedures. Ensure that all procedures are consistently used for all positions to ensure compliance with EEOCrecruitment and selection records retention requirements
10. Prepare and present monthly reports on department performance to upper management. Monitor progress to ensure objectives are met
11. Coordinate and provide for appropriate employee development and training programs for corporate office employees. Actively solicit managers and senior management input to determine development needs for the facility. Ensure that training needs assessments are conducted on an annual basis or more frequent as necessary. Work directly with all managers and supervisors to ensure that the development requirements of the Company are met.
12. Coordinate all communications on employer/employee relations needs and/or issues with the VP of Human Resources
13. Administer Company policies and procedures uniformly and fairly. Actively promote and support applicable Affirmative Action and EEOC programs and compliance requirements
14. Participate in periodic HR staff meetings and other meetings as necessary to support the Company’s business activities
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or related field
7-plus years of comprehensive human resources experience
Broad and detailed knowledge in all areas of staffing to include experienced recruitment, sourcing, and overall staffing management in order to develop effective recruiting strategies
Strong business acumen and proven experience working with leadership teams in corporate setting.
Ability to work in high volume, fast-paced environment
Must demonstrate strong team orientation skill set and superior communication (both oral and written), interpersonal and consultative skills
Strong PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet) and working knowledge of internet recruiting tools and applicant tracking systems