As HR Manager, you will be responsible for performing Human Resources and Payroll related duties and may carry out responsibilities in some or all the following functional areas: employee recruiting, new hire on-boarding & retention, employee relations, maintain healthcare benefits and equal employment opportunity programs.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources and Payroll policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Conducts new employee orientation at various site locations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions. Counsels employees on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
- Maintains health benefits on line using Benefit solver and ensures benefit information is consistent with payroll records. Processes required benefits documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Participates in the coordination of annual enrollment meetings.
- Administers the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Programs.
- Acts as a resource for Site Managers to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations. Keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate.
- Maintains compliance with Federal and Washington state regulations concerning employment
Education and/or Experience
- Three plus years’ experience in Human Resources Management preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal and Washington & Oregon state employment regulations is preferred.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- The ability to research and analyze various types of data information.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Excel and Microsoft Word software.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs.
Job ID: 129587