The HR Manager for Retail will partner with the Kate Spade New York Team (e.g. District Leaders, Store Leaders, Regional Directors) to support the continued growth of retail. The HR Manager will support, advise and coach leaders on employee relations issues, performance management situations, talent discussions, organizational succession planning and the creation and development of store policies and procedures.
- Act as an internal consultant for resolving employee relations issues.
- Coach Store Leaders on delivering effective and impactful employee relations based conversations.
- Support Store Leaders in the writing of all corrective action documents to ensure consistency across all store locations.
- Research, develop and implement innovative policies and procedures to positively impact retail store performance, keeping in compliance with all state and federal laws.
- Track data to develop an understanding of re-occurring employee relations issues within regions and specific store locations and create best practices to run an effective organization.
- Oversee the performance management process ensuring all employees are consistently provided with the tools and feedback needed to be successful in their role; Coach and advise store leadership on performance management conversations and documentation.
- Conduct Exit Interviews and utilize information gathered from exit surveys to impact positive changes in the business.
- Actively communicate with business partners to keep a pulse on morale and culture, use feedback to identify key themes that inform the development of hr programs
- Accountable for all hr administration ensuring compliance with legal guidelines
- Partner with Field Recruitment to develop, implement and manage regional specific recruitment strategies to effectively recruit top talent for new and existing stores.
- Through networking and an understanding of internal talent, help to build a talent pipeline to ensure a consistent flow of candidates for management positions.
Learning and Development
- Create, facilitate and/or implement HR related training for retail.
- Partner with the District Manager to create development plans for team members as part of retail succession planning.
- Research best practices in retail and recommend new and innovative programs and practices to positively impact the in-store culture and operations.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Psychology preferred minimum 5 years of previous retail HR experience, preferably in a fast paced high growth environment
- Strong understating of retail operations and HR best practices within a retail environment.
- Broad knowledge of HR practices including employee relations, performance management, compensation and learning & development.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws and regulations.
- Creative thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Full functional knowledge of HR generalist responsibilities.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with a customer focus
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
Job ID 20847