The Human Resources Manager is responsible for functional HR leadership to Chiquita business facilities in North America. This role requires a highly experienced candidate who has extensive experience in National Employment law, payrollprocesses and Employee labor relations, and the ability to affect change in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to shift quickly between big-picture strategizing and detailed implementation.
- Direct the Management team on HR policies and leadership development initiatives
- In depth experience in Affirmative Action and Employment Law relative to wage and hour, labor negotiations and labor relations. Knowledge of EEOC, NLRB and DOL laws and requirements.
- Assist management in implementing HR practices
- Provide strategic direction in areas of employment activities
- Recruitment and selection: Provides support in the recruitment function for assigned customer groups. This includes: retaining the services of search firms, submitting postings, assist with job documentation/compliance requirements, conducts interviews, provides input to hiring managers, performs reference checks, recommends compensation levels, and assists with payrollprocesses and benefits administration.
- On Boarding: Provides support to HR Director & hiring managers by ensuring all new hire paperwork/ background checks/ drug screens and completed timely and as per policy. Is primary HR contact for all new hires; conducts new hire orientations and facilitates transition into business/organizational unit. Partners with 1st level supervisor to ensure goal setting and development plans are executed in a timely manner.
- HR policy Administration: Supports the HR Director in the documentation and implementation of HR and corporate policy and procedures and interpret as appropriate for the operational units.
- Hands on Employee Relations
- Training and Development: In coordination with the HR Director and management, determines individual & organizational development needs throughout the operations, and implementing training programs that effectively support organizational efforts. Provides support on HR projects and programs as and when required.
- Internal Investigations
- Oversee compensation and benefits for union employees including contract negotiations
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate with associates at all levels of the organization.
- HRprocesses, policy, and procedure development and implementation skills
- Demonstrated experience managing Labor Law issues
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiation skills
- Solid business knowledge
- Advanced project management skills
- High degree of cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Computer literate (MS Office: Excel, Word and Power Point)
Other Desired Qualifications/Skills:
- Previous experience working in Food Processing facility
- Workday Applications or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8-15 years of progressive HRexperience, preferably in manufacturing
- BA/BS degree in related field (required)
- SPHR certified or equivalent