About Mettler Toledo
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We manufacture, sell, and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes.
- We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe.
- We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world.
- Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
- No matter how far human kind goes to explore new frontiers, Mettler Toledo is there to help make it happen.
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Head of HR, PI NA, the HR Manager is responsible for the day to day operational functions of the company’s Market Organization (MO) personnel activities. Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of various Human Resources (HR) functions, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, compensation, benefits, employee relations and for ensuring compliance with EEO, ADA, and other governmental regulations. Provides recommendations to MO senior management as appropriate in establishing overall human resource strategies, objectives, and policies. Ensures Human Resources activities are conducted in accordance with established Company policies and procedures. May guide or coordinate other administrative HR personnel as specified.
- Implements, and coordinates policies and programs covering: recruiting, performance evaluation, wage and fringe benefits, EEO/employee relations, training and development.
- Recruits new or potential employees for the company, including recruitment advertising, first-line job interviewing, and explanation of benefit plans.
- Administers fringe benefit program (Benefits program, Tuition Reimbursement program, etc.), verify coverage and claim resolution and perform new employee orientation session.
- Conducts annual wage and salary surveys of benchmark positions within the industry. Assists in the preparation of merit increases, general adjustments and promotional increases.
- Partners with corporate to evaluate job descriptions, for new or revised MO positions.
- Implements programs, policies and procedures regarding employment and analyzes staffing needs, manpower turnover and other personnel statistics.
- Ensures that all terminations in the MO organization are consistent with the policy.
- Prepares statistical compensation, EEO reports and studies, AAP reports and analysis as required by federal, state and local agencies.
- Participates in activities of various professional organizations for purposes of exchanging compensation information and keeping up to date on current salary compensation developments.
- Partners with corporate to update the Employee Handbook to ensure consistency in content.
- Partners with leadership to ensure that the performance evaluation process is carried out annually.
- Administers the workers’ compensation insurance program through close coordination with the insurance carrier to minimize unnecessary lost work time by employees and unjust claims.
- Administers Kronos HR payroll
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
- Specialized expertise and broad knowledge of most functional areas of HR, knowledge of human resource laws and regulations; detailed understanding of compensation and benefits policies and program, employee relations practices and staffing techniques.
- BA/BS degree or seven (7+) years of experience in a number of HR areas including benefits, employee relations, HR policy and compliance.
- Knowledge of Human Resource principles and legal requirements.
- Professional Human Resources (PHR/SHRM-CP) certification preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies, procedures and union agreements.
- Excellent PC skills; Proficient in using a variety of applications – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Language/Communication/Interpersonal: Ability to speak read and write fluent English.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with ability to clearly and professionally express thoughts and information.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Good facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented excellent follow-through and the ability to multi-task.
- Continuous improvement approach towards work processes.
- Tact, diplomacy and the ability to enlist the support of others are essential. Proven ability to communicate effectively and work with all levels of employees required.
- Proven leadership.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Must be able to work under pressure and in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to implement and optimize process without slowing down the rapid pace of execution.
- Ability to work autonomously and at a fast pace; initiative and results-focused.
Our Offer to You
Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
Tuition reimbursement, employee wellness programs, plus other perks and discounts
All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing
A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards
A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment. 1050