We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive. If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions; while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
- As a business partner/advisor, under the direction of the HR Director/Manager, provides HR services and support to the manufacturing team; confers with department management to identify and address HR related needs; provides assistance to employees and supervisors in solving day-to-day work related issues.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring, communicating and interpreting applicable human resources federal, state and company requirements, laws and regulations (such as FLMA, EEO, ADA, OSHA, etc.) gathers information for investigations/reviews; may represent the organization at hearings and/or prepare management/employee data and statistical reports as requested.
- Maintains a broad understanding of and the ability to independently perform cross –functional processes to provide support for and ongoing maintenance of various human resources functions, this includes but is not limited to:
- Develops knowledge of the assigned business units to effectively target recruitment efforts in a cost-effective and efficient manner. Leverages various resources (internet, printed media, professional associations, personnel and recruiting firms, etc) to source qualified and diverse candidate pools. Recruits, interviews, screen and selects qualified and "best match' candidates; assists managers throughout the recruiting and hiring processes, ensures all required documents, files and reports are prepared reviewed, approved and process in a timely manner.
- Assists with the administration of the company's diverse compensation programs that includes both exempt and non-exempt employees; ensures adherence to policies, procedures and payroll processing timelines. Reviews and processes (or refers for processing) approved personnel actions, works with payroll and the compensation department to resolve more complex or non-compliant requests and/or discrepancies; assist with the timely, accurate and confidential preparation and distribution of material and other communications to support multiple compensation processes such as merit, bonus, GWI, JAQ, incentives, etc.
- Works with the benefits department to provide and communicate services to employees; assists with answering questions, resolving claims and eligibility issues; explains benefit programs to employees and management via new hire orientation and training sessions; assists with the coordination and facilitation of annual program activities and events such as open enrollment, health fairs, review and distribution of related communications and benefit statements, wellness programs, etc.
- Provides employee relations support such as conflict resolution, assisting and advising management on disciplinary action and performance improvement counseling; keeps HR management informed, seeking direction and advice on more complex and controversial issues; conducts exit interviews on behalf of management, reviews performance plans, evaluations and development plans ensuring consistent and equitable treatment of employees, keeps HR management informed of discrepancies and potential employee dissent
- Works with HR functional specialists to address and resolve more complex issues; collects, reviews and prepares information for statistical and regulatory reporting, surveys, employee communications, process improvement, payroll processing, etc; may be tasked with the lead role, assist or facilitate the implementation of small-scale HR projects, annual events and programs; may act in a senior role for the HR department, may orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level employees.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field and two years of job specific experience or 6 years of progressively more responsible HR experience in two or more functional areas of HR.
- HR Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the laws, regulations, policies, procedures and practical application governing the functions of Human Resources.
- In-depth knowledge of the company's policies, organization and job structure, recruitment processes and regulatory reporting requirements required
- Intermediate proficiency level using a PC and related programs such as, Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Lotus Notes and Internet.
- Strong math and analytical skills to perform math calculations, interpret, adapt, known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to new situations
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with Mohawk's management, internal and external business contacts
- Ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas and the ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, handle multiple tasks with concentration speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise good judgment, problem solving ability and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures and the ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented project
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Quick-Step and Unilin. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled