In this key role, the ideal candidate will lead and manage the day-to day-operations of ERM's HR programs for their business units, providing both strategic guidance and tactical support. He/she will provide coaching and consultative support to leaders and to employees, support talent management solutions to retain and motivate employees, manage employee relations, onboarding and relocation, impact culture change, provide leadership coaching, and will build strong working relationships with partners and staff. The successful candidate will be able to operate independently and effectively in a virtual environment and show great resourcefulness and initiative in accomplishing tasks and addressing HR challenges. This position will also collaborate with the broader NA HR organization. This is a great opportunity for an HR professional to make an impact with a global sustainability leader in an exciting industry. ERM is an equal opportunity employer.
Strategic Partnership to Business:
- Develop deep understanding of the business, key projects, the market influencers and competition.
- Develop people plan specific for BU, to enable the achievement of the BU goals, while still being in alignment with larger ERM goals.
- Be a thought-partner and advisor to Partners and Staff, while still offering independent unbiased counsel.
- Create people solutions, derived by analysis of data and trends.
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders and work in collaboration to achieve goals.
- Help managers create meaningful career paths and job development plans to build the skills of existing employees, including the management of Talent Review actions to ensure goals are being met
- Support development of high performers and progression on development programs like Aspire and Path to Partnership, including the identification of training participants.
- In partnership with the Recruiting lead and hiring managers, support key strategic hiring plans for the fiscal year.
- Determine learning needs and leverage ERM Academy and existing training programs where possible.
Organizational Effectiveness and Rewards:
- Support development and implementation for engagement action plans, to enable positive impact to culture of the BU.
- Closely evaluate attrition trends and develop strategies to manage appropriate levels.
- Ensure that the high contributors are rewarded appropriately, through recognition vehicles throughout the year.
- Assist leaders with decisions regarding salary increases and bonuses.
Employee Relations and Performance Management:
- Coach Managers to effectively provide feedback and to help grow people leadership skills.
- Facilitate the roll-out of ERM's annual performance process.
- Provide coaching to managers on writing and conducting effective goals and/or evaluations.
- Ensure employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Handle employee relations issues, including employee and manager coaching and counseling, support and execution of resulting actions.
- Conduct exit interviews, gathering trends to identify new opportunities.
HR Policy and Administration:
- Provide HR policy interpretation and guidance for risk management, liaising with the HR Director and ERM's Legal team as necessary.
- Partner with other NA HR teams, including HR business partners, Compensation and Benefits team, HR Operations, Training & Development etc. to ensure smooth, effective and consistent rollout of HR programs across NA.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of state and federal employment law and legal requirements to mitigate employee relations issues and risk and ensure compliance.
- Assist with other special projects/requests as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, industrial and labor relations or organizational development.
- Minimum 8 years of professional HR experience, with focus on employee relations, performance management, HR administration, change management and employment law.
- PHR or SPHR or specialized HR training preferred.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with diverse and distributed employee population, and to operate in a matrix environment.
- Knowledge of Workday HRIS system desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel and visit different offices, to support the business on an as-needed basis