- Responsible for Human Resources function for multiple venue locations. Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department, and participates in developing venue and department goals, objectives, and systems.
Maintain HR Procedures and Practices
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy, and employment laws.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed and develops department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Processes payroll for the venues.
- Assists Management with employee performance appraisals, including monthly notification to Management regarding employee performance appraisals
- Monitors career pathing, employee relations and counseling and provides an inside perspective to Senior Management.
- Assists in development of people-management skills and provides objective perspective on employee issues.
- Conducts new-hire orientation, and other company sponsored training programs as needed.
- Ensures venue is in compliance with all current HOBE policies and procedures as outlined in employee handbook.
- Maintains open-door communication policy to staff concerns and issues.
- Maintains communication and relations with Home Office Human Resources.
- Investigates and remedies harassment, abuse, or mistreatment of team-members.
- Helps the Company maintain its commitment to diversity.
- Participates in executive committee meetings/manager meetings, and plans/facilitates manager/all-staff meetings and programs.
- Maintains a tracking system for all State or County Licensee or Certification requirements. Make recommendations on recertification and training. Makes recommendation on training for recertification. Maintains a tracking system to ensure venues are adhering to the Alcohol Beverage Commission guidelines. Makes recommendation on training for recertification
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Recruitment and Staffing
- Directs the development of staffing strategies; develops and builds hiring processes for a variety of levels from non-exempt staffing to exempt.
- Develops, streamlines, and enhances staffing systems, tracking reporting, and analysis; leads sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals; manages college relations and oversees various sourcing and internship programs.
- Manages relocation and otherresponsibilities related to staffing administration;
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations.
Safety/Health and Risk Management
- Reviews Workers’ Compensation reports and handling of claims
- Develops and maintain OSHA Workplace and Safety programs
- Creates and co-chair quarterly safety committee
- Maintains staff injury/incident reports
- Maintains guest injury/incident reports and handle any related issues in conjunction with Vice President of Risk Management
- Conducts quarterly safety walk through and make recommendations as needed to GM for improvements
- Ensures HOBE follows labor and employment law guidelines set forth by state and federal government
Administering Employee Benefit Programs
·Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Conducts open enrollments and educational seminars for employee benefits, including medical, dental, LTD, life, and 401(k).
Competencies and Skills Required:
Knowledge of State and Federal Laws
Analysis and Decision Making
Computer Knowledge: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Team Member Management and Development
Knowledge of HRIS and Payroll Systems
Knowledge of Worker’s Comp Laws
Planning and Organizing
Knowledge of Benefits and Compliance Regulations
Leading Through Vision and Values
Strong written and verbal skills
Building a Successful Team
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, legal studies, or related discipline
- 5-7 Years of progressive HRexperience
- 3 years in Human Resources Management with heavy emphasis on employee relations
- Must have knowledge of State Employment Laws and Statutes
- This position requires strong communication skills with a supervisor. Ability to communicate effectively via email, conference calls and periodic updates is essential
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity
- Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
- Food & Beverage/Hospitality/Live Music Entertainment related experience
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced and often loud and stressful
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, bending, reaching, sitting, and working on your feet
- Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques