In collaboration with both leaders and employees, the HR Manager will understand the local and overall business priorities and strategic direction and deliver a full spectrum of HR programs and services to build commitment, capability, and overall engagement among individuals and teams. The Manager will mentor and advise leaders on matters of performance management, leadership capability, employee morale, etc. Always sensing and listening to employees, he or she will prioritize employee engagement, provide insights on functional depth of talent and develop managers to expand their people leadership capabilities. The Manager will be responsible for driving adoption of workforce planning, and will act as a steward of data accuracy and adoption of HR tools and systems.
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for building constructive relationships with critical stakeholders to share information and influence change. The Manager will quickly become an important “source of truth” regarding whether the organization is meeting its core values and principles. He/she will utilize a variety of methods to ensure a strong presence yielding an “insider’s” pulse on strengths, opportunities, and the overall health of the organization. He/she will participate in key functional planning and talent planning sessions to assess talent and develop strategies to address development needs, gaps, and risks. He/She will play a key role in developing and/or executing strategies and interventions requiring organizational design, employee relations, leadership, and team development, transition management, performance management, compliance, and overall engagement.
The Manager will be a proactive force in cultivating positive workplace relations that drive best practices and productivity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In addition to the above focus, the HR Manager or his/her staff will work with others to:
- Process transactions in ADP, Oracle, and other systems such as new hires, promotions, transfers and terminations.
- Administer the company’s employee benefit plans to include claims processing and resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Deliver plant-wide communication meetings and other communication channels.
- Provide guidance on company policies and coach supervisors and managers in policy interpretation.
- Administering performance management to include monitoring and tracking annual reviews, corrective actions and performance to standard letters.
- Ensure company fulfills its obligations regarding EEO-1 and Vets-100 reporting, OFCCP matters, affirmative action plans and applicant tracking.
- Coordinate programs and special events.
- Supporting Diversity and inclusion Initiatives
- Detect and mitigate risks including those involving retention, labor relations, succession planning, etc. execute solution-focused strategies and programs to mitigate risks
- Analyze and interpret data and develop persuasive narratives and recommendations
- Partner with Finance and other functions to provide reports needed for management decisions
- Lead or participate on special projects and serve as an active HR team member, providing coverage as needed.
- Ensure compliance and conduct investigations as needed
- Communicate Effectively: Rapidly produce high-quality written communications that concisely analyze problems and recommends solutions; design and deliver highly-engaging training sessions
- Problem Solve: Work independently with minimal supervision, in ambiguous situations, and persevere over internal and external barriers to drive resolutions; use creative approach to problem solving
- Crisis Management: Work reactively on crisis-oriented situations that typically can only be successfully addressed under severe time constraints
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or other related field and 5+ years progressive work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
- Solid knowledge of Federal and State Compliance Regulations.
- Strong conflict management and negotiation skills;
- Oracle and/or ADP system experience a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to learn other job related programs and software.
- Ability to research and analyze a broad range of HR issues and topics.
- Experience building and launching programs that measurably impact positive engagement;
- Experience analyzing and using metrics to identify vulnerabilities and drive improvements in the employee experience;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to manage through ambiguity and change;
- Solid sense of accountability, high-quality judgment and sound decision-making;
- Project management experience and a successful record of creating, improving and executing programs
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering on commitments;
- Outstanding communication skills in written and verbal form; extensive public speaking, training, and/or leadership communication skills.
- Ability to quickly connect with people across a wide variety of backgrounds;
- Experience with HR metrics and data to story tell and provide decision support.
- Proven capability of working with partners to develop, implement and audit HR programs, initiatives, systems, policies, and procedures.
- Proven track record calmly, confidently, and confidentially engage with management and employee relations to address opportunities and needs, as appropriate.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities
- Directly manages the local HR staff