The Manager of Human Resources will be a strategic business partner with the plant manager and staff, responsible for driving all employee relations activities associated with the running the manufacturing facility. Coaches and directs the leadership team and the workforce regarding performance, training, and total value benefits requirements for the local area and location. Reports directly to the Bowling Green Plant Manager with a dotted line to the Director of Human Resources for Operations.
- Maintain a union free facility that fosters an open communication environment among the workforce.
- Provides the necessary avenues that drive the spirit of cooperation and teamwork among the leadership staff and the workforce.
- Coordinates, partners and establishes plant strategic staffing plans and processes with corporate talent acquisition team.
- Leads and supports all company and location prescribed programs of employee relations, health and safety, training and development, compensation and benefits.
- Must operate within location and group budgetary limits.
- Assists in driving performance accountability of the individual and of teams relating to key organizational goals relating to Safety, Quality, and Operation goals for the facility.
- Functional lead for all plant Organizational Change Management processes.
- Champion's HRIS processes with a strong focus on HR SAP to enable plant to be fully integrated with the company.
- Responsible for obtaining and securing all human resource data that is related to an individual's employment with the company and other confidential employee records.
- Responsible for the updating and publication of the Bowling Green guidebook which contains policies and procedures relating to employment with the company, etc.
- Coordinates and fosters community involvement via the Bowling Green Care Committee. Works with local officials and agencies to prioritize the company's involvement in Bowling Green and surrounding communities.
- Continually seek to maximize profits for the company through cost reductions, better employee relations methods by staying abreast of human resource trends and developments for applications. Evaluate and implement improved techniques.
- Lead and manage direct reports fostering an environment of teamwork and growth opportunities.
- Maintain strong working relationships and open communication channels with central HR.
- Working knowledge of Federal and local employment law.
- Working knowledge of world class manufacturing concepts and principles. Demonstrated implementation of same is preferred.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate at all levels within the business.
- Strong ability to analyze business issues, develop corrective actions and follow through to completion.
- Proven pro-active leadership skills a must.
- Ability to project manage and support multiple priorities required.
- Must have proven planning, customer service and administrative abilities capable of managing a highly complex and diversified range of duties.
- Flexibility to work in a diverse work environment with various work styles.
- Must have a strong commitment for achieving a diverse work group and to highly value diversity throughout the plant.
- Total commitment to team philosophy, a team player in every respect.
- Must have experience in a human resource position associated with the running of a medium size manufacturing environment meeting the day-to-day operational needs of the business.
- Must have 7 to 10 years of progressive experience in human resources with at least 3 years of experience in the lead position supervising direct and indirect reports in a small to medium size manufacturing environment meeting the day-to-day operational needs of the business.
- Bachelor degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- Experience in labor relations a plus.
- Multi-lingual a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working and managing in a matrix environment.