Human Resources Manager
Running with Sasquatch is more than just a clever marketing campaign. As a Jack Link’s team member, Running with Sasquatch means we roll up our buffalo plaid sleeves and do the hard work first. We don’t shy away from challenges. In fact, we push hard and take risks. True to our North Woods roots, we're a bunch of ordinary people who accomplish extraordinary things by driving results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency. Like our awesome protein products, we have an unwavering passion for quality, and you won’t find anything artificial here. What you see is what you get… authentic, humble and fun people who Run with Sasquatch!
Running with Sasquatch takes a team. We invite you to run with us, succeed with us, and celebrate with us. Most importantly, Feed Your Wild Side with us on our journey to be the dominant global leader of branded protein snacks!
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Still family-owned and operated withheadquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and operates a total of 11 manufacturing and distribution facilities in four countries. Jack Link’s produces high-quality, great-tasting protein snacks that feed the wild sides of consumers around the world. Jack Link's Protein Snacks family of brands includes Jack Link's, Lorissa's Kitchen, World Kitchens Jerky, Bifi and Pepperami.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Jack Links New Glarus Plant has an immediate need for an experienced Human Resource Professional. This position has primary responsibility for workingwith the senior management team of the New Glarus Plant location todevelop strategies that will enable the Company to attract, recruit and retain the best employees to meet its business objectives. In addition, this position will also take responsibility for managing the workplace culture and environment through high performing programs within compensation, performance management, organization development, benefits, employee engagement, and training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
• Build a positive culture that helps attain and maintain operational excellence through people by enhancing management practices, sponsoring employee-centered events and fostering open communications.
• Lead and facilitate employee engagement initiatives.
• Resolve complex, moderate-risk employee relations issues including investigations, and serve as escalation point and guide for team members working on more basic, less risky issues.
• Manage a consistently-applied, easy-to-follow and compliant disciplinary process to mitigate risk.
• Develop effective recruitment strategies and the execution of the strategies through team members for local hires, both non-exempt and exempt; including managing advertising budgets.
• Partner with Plant Management in the development of standardized staffinglevels of direct and indirect populations, including ratios of temporary toregular, as well as sustain those staffing levels through prioritized recruitmentefforts.
• Ensure the consistent deployment and efficacy of the onboarding programlocally through periodic monitoring and the solicitation of improvement feedback from new hires.
• Effectively hire, manage and mentor HR team, share best practices and continuously identify training opportunities to develop staff.
• Build local management’s competency in smart people practices involving the areas of workforce planning, employee relations & engagement, recruitment, communications, and talent management.
• Locally manage the execution of talent management processes including performance management and succession planning.
• Provide detailed reporting and analysis on headcount, salaries, budgets and other people-related issues. Interpret this data and make suitable recommendations to plant leadership.
• Support the introduction of people-related programs or processes withappropriate change management initiatives to increase understanding and commitment to business strategy and tactics.
• Deploy, manage and drive all standard HR processes and policies as well as adherence to applicable human resource federal and state requirements by keeping current and continually communicating and educating managers and employees on those topics.
• Collaborate with site Safety Manager to ensure worker’s compensation claims are being handled timely and appropriately; assume responsibility for management of claims and communication to employees regarding status, etc.
• Ensure the timely, accurate submission of payroll hours through team members.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required tosit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or more up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.