Human Resources Manager - Industrial Wood Coatings
Job ID 2017-1975
If you want to work with forward thinking people in a fast moving, innovative environment, Axalta offers you the best market-leading career opportunities. We are a unique company. While our name is new, we are backed by a 150-year legacy of providing some of the most advanced coating technologies to customers all over the world. We rank number one or two in all of the major business segments we serve. Our longstanding commitment to progressive research is setting new standards and pointing the way to beautiful and sustainable coating solutions for tomorrow.
The Human Resources Manager – Industrial Wood Coatings, North America provides overall human resources leadership and generalist support for Axalta’s 400-employee Industrial Wood business across the United States and Canada. This role will have two direct reports, and will be responsible for manufacturing facilities in High Point, North Carolina & Cornwall, Ontario, as well as a R&D Center in Minneapolis and a large remote field sales force. Based in High Point, this position serves a key role on the North America Human Resources Leadership team, driving the organization’s financial success by closely partnering with both Axalta and Industrial Wood Leadership on HR strategy and initiatives.
The successful candidate must be an expert at forming strong relationships with both internal leaders and external candidates. This role will provide a broad range of strategic HR support in order to achieve Axalta’s business objectives, including employee & labor relations, talent acquisition, organizational development, and employee engagement. Particularly key to this role will be the ability to identify strong external sales & technical candidates from a broad array of diverse industries in order to aid and accelerate Axalta’s aggressive financial and growth objectives over the next 3-5 years.
• Maintain positive labor & employee relations and develop employee engagement and involvement
• Develop and execute a robust talent acquisition strategy to bring in extraordinary external talent
• Build Axalta’s organizational capability through organization assessment, development of talent pipeline, and management of strategic staffing initiatives
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Labor Relations, Business, or related Field; Master’s degree or JD strongly preferred
• At least 10 years’ experience in HR Generalist roles with, experience in Labor Relations, Talent Acquisition, Benefits, Organizational Development, and Compensation
• Prior HR experience with a large commercial/sales population, as well as solid experience in a manufacturing setting
Additional Skills/Abilities Required
• Strong bias for action and keen sense of urgency
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate organizational change and to foster linkage between business objectives and human resources activities
• Demonstrated ability to take calculated and intelligent risks using creative/innovative thinking
• Ability to coach and provide feedback to leaders at all levels
• Flexible and adaptable to demanding and fast-paced work environment