Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Lighting, headquartered in Greenville, SC, is a core business platform of Hubbell Incorporated. The platform supplies a comprehensive range of indoor and outdoor lighting products to industrial, commercial and institutional applications and is the largest manufacturer of residential lighting fixtures in North America.
The Human Resources Manager will play a key role by providing both practical and strategic support through daily interactions with key business leaders in Hubbell Lighting (HLI). This partnership will foster strong relationships in order to drive company and business group strategic goals. The incumbent will be involved in projects and day-to-day operations of a manufacturing plant of approximately 350 employees in a union environment. This position will report to the VP, HR for HLI and will be based in Plympton, MA.
The Human Resources Manager oversees the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. The HR Manager carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas including but not limited to: recruiting/employment, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits and compensation, and labor relations.
- Partner with HR and business leaders to drive integrated HR and business initiatives and support and foster a culture of engagement and high performance.
- Partner with the HR Centers of Excellence (CoE) and other functional partners (Legal, Finance, IT, etc.) to ensure alignment and effective delivery of HR support/services to the business.
- Support all people initiatives and practices including but not limited to recruitment, talent, leadership development, performance management, organizational design, compensation, benefits, diversity, etc.
- Provide sound advice and counsel to management on all employee relations matters; ensure employees and managers receive the appropriate counseling, guidance and support on employee relations issues.
- Develop staffing plans and forecasts, succession plans, directs recruiting actions, and manages reductions in force.
- Develop and implement programs to maintain positive employee relations and to build relationships with local communities and business/educational institutions.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Negotiate bargaining agreements and help interpret labor contracts.
- Maintain good relationship with union management.
- Responsible for handling union grievances in timely manner.
- Coordinate annual benefit enrollment processes; coordinates safety and health awareness programs.
- Responsible for hourly time and payroll hours reporting including vacation, sick pay, etc.
- Responsible for administering all benefits programs incl. medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and 401(k).
- Responsible for training, educational reimbursement and new hire orientation programs.
- Perform HR transactions such as promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations of all hourly, non-exempt, and exempt employees.
- Responsible for all state and federal reporting for OSHA, EEO, Veterans, and Employment.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university; PHR, SPHR Certificates desired.
- 5-7 years of relevant and progressive Human Resources experience in a complex Business Partner role or broad HR leadership position; manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all staff levels and backgrounds.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office, Outlook and other PC application skills; familiarity with SAP/Success factors/ADP Etime (Time & Attendance system) preferred.
- Collective Bargaining experience; able to provide guidance with and conduct investigations of concerns and complaints; involve appropriate individuals, seek Legal advice, when appropriate, and successfully resolve employee relations issues with credible, creative and consistent solutions.
- Coordinate projects; communicate changes and progress; complete projects on time.
- Exceptional relationship building skills and ability to partner with colleagues to influence broader HR strategies and practices to link HR strategy to business goals for the benefit of the enterprise.
- Strong consulting, influencing and negotiation skills on all HR disciplines including recruitment, talent, leadership development, performance management, organizational design, compensation, and diversity.
- Exceptional judgment, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive/confidential information and situations with diplomacy, confidence and tact.
- Results-oriented with a track record of success in delivering on business objectives.