The Human Resources Manager plans and administers policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Oversees site compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary. Managers and monitors career pathing/performance management programs.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Coordinates training/educational activities for the Plant. Assists departments with the development of training/educational curriculum and activities.
- Employee relations counseling including coaching and corrective action administration.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- 5+ years of experience in Training, Human Resources, Employee Relations, and Organizational Development
- Manufacturing familiarity preferred
- Experience interacting and supporting all levels of managers, employers and executive level employees
Skills and Competencies:
- Accounting and financial knowledge important.
- Computer knowledge is essential.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and employees.
- Training, communication and public speaking skills are a must.
HP HOOD LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER FEMALE/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED “VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR”
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.