With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the "strength within."
Hexcel is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager for our Salt Lake City, Utah, USA location. This position will provide Human Resources management support and is responsible for providing both strategic and tactical leadership support to the business that will ensure the effective and efficient application of Hexcel's people processes and programs, enabling the business to achieve its strategies and objectives through maximizing human capital. This includes building business partner relationships with local management including the Plant Manager, and the other members of the Site Leadership Team, based on trust and credibility, and the flawless execution of HR programs, policies, and practices. The position will act as the top-level HR interface for employees of all functions at the location, including but not limited to safety, operations, sales and marketing, quality, and materials management. In addition, this position will coordinate and administer all human resources policies and programs relating to staffing and recruiting, affirmative action and diversity, training and organizational development, legal and regulatory compliance, and employee and employee relations. The role will also play a primary leadership role in driving and maintaining labor relations in a union environment.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Acts as a member of and trusted advisor to the Plant Manager and the other members of the Site Leadership team to provide input and counsel on business, people and organizational issues.
- Manages and coordinates the administration and application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Assists in the preparation and planning of labor contract negotiations, arbitrations and grievance activities
- Manages and administers human resources programs and policies for all Salt Lake City Matrix employees; as well as the development and implementation of local human resources policies and procedures.
- Develops, manages and executes the plant staffing plan.
- Manages and executes recruitment of all hourly and salaried (nonexempt and exempt) positions, internships, temporary workers; includes planning and execution of new employee orientation and onboarding training to all new hires to support their integration into the local culture and workforce.
- Coordinates with corporate recruiters and hiring managers to develop and execute sourcing talent sourcing strategy, candidate selection process including on-going management of applicant tracking data (Workday); conducts reference and background checks.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment including affirmative action programs, EEO-1 reporting as well as other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO/OFCCP regulations.
- Coordinates training activities to support various corporate management development and training programs as well as local site training initiatives in alignment with local business plans.
- Facilitates the execution of the annual succession and career development planning.
- Works with plant management to manage performance issues, providing coaching and counseling as needed.
- Manages and oversees employee and labor relations; assist in the planning, organizing and implementing various employee relation programs.
- Represents the company in community activities and organizations to promote a good company partnerships and image. Participates on the local employers councils with other companies in the area.
- Bachelor's degree with 5-7 years of human resources management experience in an industrial environment, or Master's degree with equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish relevant facts and provide practical solutions.
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS office Suite software – Word, PowerPoint , Excel, etc.
- Understanding of HRIS systems – knowledge of Workday is a plus
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including effective group presentation expertise.
- Experience in leadership coaching and team development, and change management is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.