The Human Resources Manager has responsibility for the employees and employment practices for the Distribution Center and company-owned stores.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Increase bench strength through recruiting, coaching and development of personnel.
- Provide leadership, and establish a work experience that enables NAPA to be the preferred employer in the community
- Partner with the General Manager, District Manager, Sales Manager and Operations Manager to ensure the short term and longer-term talent needed to successfully meet business priorities
- Conducts and directs new employee orientation process to ensure employee is able to quickly perform their job.
- Demands high standards in performance management, employee coaching, discipline documentation, and terminations.
- Executes, manages and administers company programs and training.
- Coordinates and leads Employee Involvement, Safety, and annual benefit meetings.
- Coaches managers on effective employee management, employee retention, and employee recognition and development techniques.
- Manages compliance with company, federal, state and local policies and regulations related to employment, compensation, safety, workers compensation and security for the DC and company owned stores.
- Coaches and develops managers to effectively manage employee relations, set appropriate expectations in behavior and performance, which protect the employee, and the physical and financial assets of the company.
- Manages the employee separation process and collects/analyzes data to enhance the employee experience.
- A four-year Human Resources or business related degreepreferred, or 5 years of equivalent Human Resources experience.
- 3-5 years experience managing the Human Resources function for 100 – 500 employees preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR) a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Products
- 1-2 years payroll administration experience
- Able to use technology to provide information for making sound business decisions.
- Develops effective relationships with key people both inside and outside the operation business.
- PeopleSoft and Kronos experiencepreferred.