Are you looking to make a huge impact with a fast paced and dynamic HR department? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you as a Human Resources Manager! This is the perfect opportunity for you if you:
- Enjoy being the go to person for just about everything when it comes to daily operations of an HR department and having the answers
- Enjoy everything payroll related including salary payments and adjustments
- Understand and enjoy Recruitment processes and maintaining employee data records
- Are totally customer centric when it comes to providing effective HR support
A Day in the life:
- Provide full comprehensive Human Resources support for the HR department and other departments as needed (employee data, leave management, filing employee relations documentation, meeting notes, internal/external written correspondence, filing, creating reports
- Responsible for managing Human Resources support for the NAPA Distribution Center and Company owned stores. If you seek a key leadership position with a stable company that offers opportunities to learn, train and grow your career, our Human Resources Manager position is the job for you!
- Responsibility for the employees and employment practices for the Distribution Center and company-owned stores
- Provide leadership, and establish a work experience that enables NAPA to be the preferred employer in the community
- Partner with the General Manager, District Manager, Sales Manager and Operations Manager to ensure the short term and longer-term talent needed to successfully meet business priorities
- Conducts and directs new employee orientation process to ensure employee is able to quickly perform their job
- Coordinates and leads Employee Involvement, Safety, and annual benefit meetings
- Coaches managers on effective employee management, employee retention, and employee recognition and development techniques
- Manages compliance with company, federal, state and local policies and regulations related to employment, compensation, safety, workers compensation and security for the DC and company owned stores.
- Coaches and develops managers to effectively manage employee relations, set appropriate expectations in behavior and performance, which protect the employee, and the physical and financial assets of the company.
- Manages the employee separation process and collects/analyzes data to enhance the employee experience.
- 7+ years of experience in an HR concentration I.E., (HR Generalist/HRBP, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, OD/OE, diversity, compensation, benefits, and/or talent acquisition) or a High School Diploma and 7 years of experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist/HRBP, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, OD/OE, diversity, compensation, benefits, and/or talent acquisition.
- 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work; or, at least 5 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training, and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Proficient in Microsoft Products
- 1-2 years payroll administration experience
- Able to use technology to provide information for making sound business decisions.
- Develops effective relationships with key people both inside and outside the operation business.
- PeopleSoft and Kronos experiencepreferred
- SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR) a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience managing the Human Resources function for 100 – 500 employees preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business related degreepreferred, or 5 years of equivalent Human Resources experience.