Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY: As a strategic partner, the HR Manager aligns business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HR Manager serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. The HR Manager may include international Human Resource responsibilities.
1. Consult with management providing HR guidance when appropriate.
2. Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
3. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal and regulatory department as needed/required.
4. Provides day to day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
5. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
6. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
7. Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, performance review, sexual harassment, etc.
8. May assist international employees with immigration related HR matters (when applicable).
Qualifications SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. A bachelor's degree is required. A master's degree and/or PHR certificate preferred.2. At least four years of experience required. 3. Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws