Human Resources Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
We are an executive search firm who has been hired to identify a Human Resources Manager – Call Center.
JOB DESCRIPTION for the Human Resources Manager:
Position is currently based out of Pompano Beach, but can be moving further South.
The Human Resource Director is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function specifically and office administration in general.
Essential Functions as a Human Resources Manager:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates all recruiting and onboarding efforts.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the Managing Partners, on labor, employment and benefit matters.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Supervises the staff of the human resource department and general office staff.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to leadership focused on a broad-based and
- transformational talent agenda designed to recruit, develop and retain the very
- best innovative talent in the business
- Develop staffing and human capital strategies by researching human resources issues, identifying trends and providing recommendations to human resources and operations Leadership.
- Serve as unifying Leader to coordinate the partnership of all functional human resources areas together to support business requests and needs.
- Supportrecruiting plans, goals, strategies and measurements to achieve company goals and revenue objectives.
- Ensure effective implementation and maintenance of non-discriminatory practices as related to recruitment, hiring, training, promotions and terminations.
- Accomplish special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Direct the human resources organization to develop and execute
- best practices to promote employee engagement and to enable a high-performing workforce to contribute to the company’s strategic growth
- Provide proactive guidance and support for organizational planning and development initiatives that align the human resources agenda in support of key business strategies and initiatives in client groups
- Have a data driven mindset to assess organizational metrics and provide insights to the business
- Ensure that human capital goals and initiatives in client groups align as appropriate across the broader organization
- Ensure that human resource costs and services are aligned with organizational goals
- Provide daily support to managers with employee attraction, development, and retention issues which may include Annual reviews, Leadership coaching, Career pathing, Advanced HRreporting and metrics and Special project assistance
- Have executive presence and strong communication skills to partner with all levels of managements
- Strong collaboration skills within and outside of HR
- Business Acumen.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
This position manages all employees of the HR department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional and fast-paced office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you meet all the qualifications for a Human Resources Manager, we want to hear from you!