The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the manufacturing site's human resources team by planning, implementing, and evaluating labor relations, employee relations, recruitment and human resources policies, programs, and practices. The Human Resources Manager also leads change and improvement in bottom-line results and implements corporate organizational initiatives and programs with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy.
Opportunities, Challenges, and Responsibilities:
- Leads and develops the plant HR team, including strategic workforce planning, budget management, performance management, and all other responsibilities associated with functional leadership while leveraging the Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, and Total Rewards teams as needed.
- Partners with employees at all levels in the manufacturing plant to provide expertise and counseling for all people issues.
- Establish and maintain a positive employee relations environment at the facility, implement and consistently administer policies and procedures, develop and implement Issue Resolution Process, participate in local HR/management organizations.
- Partners with the plant management team to develop and communicate the Plant’s strategic plan, culture, and goals.
- Communicate benefits program, enroll new hires, assist with annual open enrollment, issue resolution, and answer benefit questions and concerns.
- Leads the plant management team on HR processes including workforce planning, annual reviews, performance/succession planning, compensation administration, organizational change and effectiveness, implementation of process improvement initiatives, and local staffing/pipeline development.
- Partners with local and corporate Talent Acquisition business partners to design a staffing strategy and approach, and to execute on the plan.
- Shares employee engagement results with managers to identify process improvements to increase retention and engagement while maintaining positive employee relations.
- Oversees hourly plant-based training for new employees and ensures training is completed on time and results in certification.
- Oversees communication regarding wellness initiatives, benefits, compensation, employee referral program, EAP programs, etc.
- Ensures compliance with EEO and ADA guidelines while establishing a positive employee relations environment.
- Stays informed on employment law concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ensures employees’ needs are being met, designing policies and procedures in regards to retention to keep employees engaged while continuing to execute business strategy.
- Ensures adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Understands and demonstrates the Company’s core values.
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies and actions.
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence across multiple levels and functions and various group sizes.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations.
- Experience with most or all of the core aspects of human resource management – e.g., staffing, employee relations, performance management, leadership development, training, retention and engagement.
- Expertise in providing insightful HR consultation to leaders and employees.
- Ability to objectively coach, influence, and mentor employees and management through complex or difficult issues.
- Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
- Proven ability to make quick and accurate decisions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work effectively under pressure and deal with multiple priorities.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or directly related discipline
- SHRM Certification preferred
- Ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of professional level Manager experience in Human Resources including 3-5 years in a manufacturing/plant environment.
- 3-5 years of labor relations experience essential
- Experience leading or supporting high volume, full-cycle staffing for hourly employees
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred but not required