ERM is recruiting a seasoned Human Resources Manager, with strategic HR and organizational development skills, to join our high-performing professional services environmental and sustainability consulting firm. The position would be based in our Portland, Oregon office. This position will report to the Director of Human Resources and in partnership with the Director of HR, will support about 550 consultants and leaders, across 24 offices in 11 different states.
In this key role, the ideal candidate will lead and manage the day-to day-operations of ERM's HR programs for their business units. He/she will provide coaching and consultative support to leaders and to employees, to retain and motivate employees, manage employee relations, on-boarding and relocation, provide leadership coaching, and will build strong working relationships with partners and staff. This position will also collaborate with the broader NA HR organization. This is a great opportunity for an HR professional to make an impact with a global sustainability leader in an exciting industry. ERM is an equal opportunity employer.
Partnership to Business:
- Develop an understanding of the business, to help support programs for people development.
- Be a thought-partner and advisor to Partners and Staff, while still offering independent unbiased counsel.
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders and work in collaboration to achieve goals.
- In partnership with the Recruiting lead and hiring managers, support key strategic hiring plans for the fiscal year.
- Help managers create meaningful development plans to build the skills of high performers.
- Determine learning needs and leverage existing training programs where possible.
Organizational Effectiveness and Rewards:
- Support development and implementation for engagement action plans, to enable positive impact to the business.
- Closely evaluate attrition trends and develop strategies to manage appropriate levels.
- Ensure that the high contributors are rewarded appropriately, through recognition vehicles throughout the year.
- Assist leaders with decisions regarding salary increases and bonuses.
- Lead and manage annual HR processes, including year-end and mid-year performance reviews.
- Provide coaching to managers on writing and conducting effective goals and/or evaluations.
- Handle employee relations issues, including employee and manager coaching and counseling, support and execution of resulting actions.
- Conduct exit interviews, gathering trends to identify new opportunities.
HR Policy and Administration:
- Provide HR policy interpretation and guidance for risk management, liaising with the HR Director and Legal team as necessary.
- Partner with other NA HR team members, including HR business partners, Compensation and Benefits team, HR Operations, Training & Development etc. to ensure smooth, effective and consistent roll-out of HR programs across NA.
- Maintain basic knowledge of state and federal employment law requirement, to mitigate employee relations risks and ensure compliance.
- Assist with other special projects/requests as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, industrial and labor relations or organizational development.
- Minimum 5 years of professional HR experience, with focus on employee relations, performance management and HR processes and procedures.
- PHR or SPHR or specialized HR training preferred.
- Ability to work with a diverse and distributed employee population, and to operate in a matrixed environment.
- Knowledge of Workday HRIS system desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel and visit different offices, to support the business on an as-needed basis.