The HR Manager, HR Shared Services is responsible for providing support to managers and employees regarding HR policies and practices, researching and/or investigating concerns and making recommendations that promote positive employee relations. Main area of responsibility is to serve as a resource to management and employees in solving day-to-day workplace matters.
This includes conducting workplace investigations and recommending effective solutions and corrective actions in accordance with policy and applicable laws, as well as advising on performance management.
- Counsel, guide, and educate managers for optimal performance and resolution of complex employee relations and performance management/discipline matters
- Provide non-routine HR Policy consultation, guidance and interpretation for employees, and managers
- Respond to and resolve complex employee complaints regarding policy violations, such as allegations of discrimination, harassment, and other work related issues originating from the employee hotline and other sources.
- Conduct investigations and prepare relevant documentation, partnering with Global Security, Audit, ER COE and Employment Legal as appropriate.
- Recommend appropriate resolution of complaints, develop action plans and follow up to ensure completion.
- Coach and advise managers on performance management and discipline matters; ensure documentation is in place and strategize appropriate corrective action steps. Review draft performance improvement plans prior to delivery to the employee.
- Consult and review involuntary terminations. Collaborate with HR Business Partners, ER COE and/or line of business leadership as required to properly mitigate risk.
- Develop position statements in response to local, state or federal labor complaints, charges, audits and other legal matters. May represent the company for unemployment claims and appeals.
- Review dashboard metrics daily to optimize productivity and ensure work is completed in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs)
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in employee relations, HR generalist or related experience
- HR certification is preferred
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Demonstrated experience working across multiple states
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a fair and consistent manner
- Ability to handle stressful situations with grace and diplomacy and remain neutral in difficult employee relations issues
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Ability to handle sensitive and highly personal information on a daily basis and maintain confidentiality
- Work independently to analyze data and provide management with constructive recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with case management technology preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred