Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs, Ernest and Julio Gallo, with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers an Operations organization where we value teamwork, innovative problem solving and the caring of our employees.
In this role, you are responsible for managing a team of Human Resource and Industrial Relations Representatives. You will oversee the implementation of actions and processes that drive human resources based projects, programs and initiatives. You will be responsible for developing collaborative relationships with client groups that foster employee growth up to the senior director level. You will partner with HR service areas (talent acquisition and compensation) to fill open job requisitions and ensure fair and equitable pay throughout the client groups.
What you'll do:
- Partner with client leadership team members to assess the effectiveness of the organization’s leadership, communication, and organizational design and implementation.
- Provide expert knowledge in developing and implementing solutions designed to address the needs and issues of internal and external partners.
- Partner with HR leadership and client group(s) senior leadership to develop functional /commercial objectives, goals, strategies and measures (OGSM’s) that drive business strategy.
- Participate in the development and management of the corporate Performance Incentive Program (PIP) and the Annual Salary Planning process; collaborates with the compensation department to drive the program and process.
- Collaborate with HR leadership to administer the Human Resources Planning/Functional Succession Planning (HRP) processes; ensures integration of HRP into performance management and staffing decisions for high potential employees and senior management.
- Conduct career coaching sessions; creates employee development plans and monitors the progress of the employee.
- Identify high potential employees and develops their career paths.
- Serve on cross functional teams designed develop and implement client specific process improvements.
- Lead training courses for managers and employees.
- Lead investigations relating to employee issues and claims; makes recommendations on next steps and appropriate discipline; supports management high level investigations.
- Instruct team leaders, mid- level managers and directors on how to handle performance issues (includes documentation assistance and legal review).
- Develop, coach, and mentor staff.
Who we are looking for:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of human resources experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 9 years of human resources experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
What will set you apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a Human Resources concentration plus 8 years of human resources generalist/representative experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting the most complex documents.
- Experience responding effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Experience writing speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Experience making effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and boards of directors.
- Experience in Industrial relations policies, processes, fundamental concepts, practices and procedures.
- Experience engaging, inspiring, and influencing people.
- Experience applying mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience working with all levels and functions within the company.