The Human Resources Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Increase awareness of sound HR principles and practices through daily interactions with assigned clients.
- Responsible for recruitment and onboarding for all temp and FTE hiring needs within the Distribution and Logistics client group.
- Partnership and management of third party vendors.
- Identify development needs and trends in the organization, recommends and implements a variety of programs and initiatives such as: engagement, safety, union/first responder qualifications.
- Provide leadership and expertise to cross-functional team and participates in cross-functional initiatives.
- Support the HR Division by collaborating upfront and remaining engaged with other HR partners to ensure one message to the client.
- Partner with client groups and HR partners to align their strategies, cultures, processes and organization structures with the needs of the organization by providing a full range of organization effectiveness and consultation services.
- Influence innovation in the client’s use of the HR programs and activities to support effective business solutions.
- Partner with client groups or HR partners to develop strategic communication plans.
- Lead change efforts amongst peers in the Division of HR.
- Take appropriate risks, provide candid observations and influence others in a caring, respectful and productive manner.
- Capitalize on opportunities to share best practices and advance delivered outcomes.
- Perform on-site HR Partner functions such as recruitment and assist with benefits and compensation management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required 5-8years of progressive professional human resources experience in a complex, fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired
- PHR, SPHR certification preferred
- Retail industry experience a plus.
- Must be able to travel up to 20%-30% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to environment to be effective in role
- Demonstrated ability to effectively change an individual or group’s position/thinking/behavior
- Demonstrated ability to assess political climate and adjust course accordingly
- Demonstrated effort to proactively share relevant information with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to, systematically break down problem into component parts, determine casual relationships among component parts, and use appropriate techniques to identify solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point); prior experience in HRIS system a plus.