- Designs, plans, and implements human resources programs and policies for staffing, compensation, benefits, immigration, employee relations, training and health and safety
- Ensures human resources strategies align with organizational business goals.
- Evaluates human resources processes and strategies to determine improvements to be made and reports findings to top management.
- Provide leadership and organizational support in fostering a productive culture.
- Stays current on recent federal, state and case law changes and monitors labor law updates for changes that affect HR.
- Serve as a liaison to management and employees on employee relations, performance management, compensation, staffing, diversity, legal and organizational development issues and enforcement of company policies.
- Manage employee on-boarding process, e.g. development of offer letters, conducting background investigations, drug screening, reference checking, and conducting new hire orientation.
- Process new hire paperwork, terminations, salary increases and adjustments, and employment verification requests.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Has full authority for personnel actions.
- Extensive knowledge of department processes.
- Maintain affirmative action requirements, e.g. file EEO-1 and Vets 100 annually; maintain other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Ensure Company compliance with required Federal/State posters.
- Act as the liaison for all departments involved in the new hire process.
- Conduct exit interviews and discuss exit interview findings with management.
- Manage annual review process to include performance evaluations and salary increases. This includes advising each dept. manager of employees eligible for reviews
- Bachelor's degree Industrial Relations, Human Resources or other
- 10 + years of proven working experience as HR manager or other HR executive
- People oriented and results driven
- Excellent peer relations experience and experience in collaborating with key management stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Must be able to multi-task. Must be self-motivated, resourceful, and able to work independently.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- BS/MSdegree in Human Resources or related field
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience working at companies with Distribution and General employee populations.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
We've been around for a while, and we believe our continued success is due to the basic principles of recognizing and rewarding superior performance for individuals and teams. We've seen this principle drive innovations and solutions to promote higher levels of productivity and customer service.
Our 70 year history of consistent success provides you with solid employment. We hire employees who are good at what they do and enjoy their work, and we offer a number of benefits and coverage for individuals and families. Our corporate culture strives to maintain strong communication at all levels, professionalism in our work, and respect for our co-workers.
Systemax is the parent company of the Industrial Products Group, which includes GlobalIndustrial.com, GlobalIndustrial.ca/Avenue, C&H Government, Nexel Industries, Industrial Supplies.com and other affiliated companies.
Global Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply.