Human Resources Manager
Company is the leading B2B provider of consumer products for independent retailers. Independent retailers have access to over 12,000 national brand and exclusive brand products via catalogs. Products have been ranked BEST!
Responsible for the management of the Human Resources Department to include, but not limited to, legal, recruitment, staffing, retention, training, benefits administration, compensation administration, employee relations, and the smooth operation of the HR department in compliance with all company policies, as well as, all federal, state and local legislation.
- Assist and support managers with recruiting initiatives for the company.
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day administration of all benefits including (401(k), Medical, Vision, Dental, STD, LTD, Life & AD&D, as well as, ancillary benefits and the answering of questions from employees regarding such.
- Plan administrator for our 401(k) plan – process loan paperwork, election changes, and catch-up contributions, for the employees.
- Responsible for the 5500 Filing, Audit and Proper Notice Requirements to all employees
- Coordinating “Open Enrollment” and assisting with the negotiation of planyear rates on all Health & Welfare Plans.
- Responsible for Leave of Absences administration and compliance– responsible for updating the letter writing, reporting requirements and the coordination of any STD benefits, etc.
Training & Development:
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating Training & Development Initiatives, to include, Onboarding, Leadership Development and other initiatives as needed.
- Develops initiatives to enhance employee retention and engagement.
- Responsible for overseeing the coordination of New Hire Orientation (creating a new program and continuously update according to Corporate Standards).
- Drive knowledge management activities within the organization; facilitate cross-departmental knowledge sharing and knowledge sharing and knowledge capture from project to project.
- Drive efforts to improve/maintain overall engagement of the workforce – develop and motivate others.
- Ensure that all Policies and Procedures are being implemented and followed.
- Work with the HR Generalist to establish and follow through with all new hires during their 90-day introductory period and throughout their first 6months to make sure that they are acclimating properly.
- Oversee the Performance Management Process for the Company.
- Provides employee relations guidance and support to management, guides resolution and leads investigations as necessary.
- Work with Managers in writing disciplinary employee communications to file.
- Conduct, when necessary, disciplinary meeting with associates and Manager
- Oversee the coordination of all separations/terminations.
- Conduct Terminations along with Managers.
- Conducts and analyzes exit interviews. Ensures exiting process is completed on all separated staff and discusses findings with the CFO.
- Administers the Compensation Program and ensures fairness and equity in all compensation practices.
- Prepare the annual budget for the human resources department.
- Approves all invoices related to HR and forwarding them to accounting for payment.
- Oversee the coordination of all separations/terminations (i.e.; termination of all benefits, COBRA, Life Insurance conversion, Unemployment, Exit Interview, Health & Welfare, 401(k), etc).
- Supports the manager on terminations as needed
- Oversee the inquiries from the Division of Unemployment Assistance and represents the company on disputed claims when needed.
- Advises management on company HR policies and practices and ensures compliance with state and federal labor laws.
- Handle any/all employment legal issues in consultation with legal counsel (Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, National Labor Relations Board, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission cases, attend hearings, etc. – designated representative on all Legal Issues. Partners with legal counsel on all issues that require legal analysis.
- Ensures all personnel records are maintained and tracked appropriately.
Required Position Skills:
- Ability to prioritize and meet appropriate deadlines in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to develop effective consultative relationships.
- Ability to drive business performance by utilizing knowledge of the business and the interrelationships to influence strategy and decision-making.
- Ability to work with various levels of management and maintain a critical level of confidentiality.
- Superior listening and communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to maintain a high level of confidentially and discretion.
- Extensive knowledge of labor law.
- Strong Word, Excel and Power Point skills. HRIS experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related discipline required, Master’s degreepreferred
- 5 – 7years of human resources experience with significant employee relations experience, knowledge of labor law, problem resolution and organizational development.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, and superb attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and drive others to success