As a Human Resources Manager, you must have:
- Strong knowledge of and skill in applying the principles, practices and procedures of human resources administration in the areas of employee relations, training and organizational development, employment, payroll and recruitment and selection.
- Strong knowledge of and skill in interpreting and applying state and federal laws, rules and regulations related to the management of human resources.
- Knowledge of statistical methods and concepts and other analytical tools used in human resources processes.
- Sufficient computer knowledge to quickly learn and work on a daily basis with an enterprise HRIS system.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills to accomplish a high volume of competing work assignments and routine duties within established deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and risk assessment skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately and work effectively in highly stressful situations, including dealing with angry or upset employees, accomplishing work within tight deadlines or working long hours, and/or communicating unpopular or complex policies or procedures.
- Exceptional commitment to confidentiality in sensitive human resource matters.
- Ability to organize, convene and chair a meeting to achieve state outcomes/objectives.
- Solid understanding of effective principles and practices of supervising employees and the ability to effectively counsel managers in applying these principles in support of a collegial, customer-focused and competent work unit.
- Ability to operate competently common office equipment, including, but not limited to, computer, fax, copier and telephone system.
As a Human Resources Manager, you must be:
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
- Skilled at timely addressing uncomfortable or difficult employee performance issues and situations, working towards an effective resolution.
- Skilled at preparing presentations and delivering them to a wide variety of audiences.
- S killed in the use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Internet Explorer (or other internet browser).
- Skilled at researching and analyzing data, identifying trends, preparing written reports of findings and making oral presentations of findings.
- Skilled at communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skilled in project management and ability to coach, persuade and lead peers and senior staff without having formal supervisory authority.
- Skilled at reviewing and editing the work of others; strong attention to detail.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration or directly related field.
- 5-8 years of progressively responsible professional/managerial human resources experience of which 3 years must include supervisory experience.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Any related professional certification in addition to above criteria.
- Bilingual in English and a second language.
- Experience handling a high volume employee base.
- Strong employee relations experience.