Do you want to be a part of a dynamic media organization? Are you curious and have a passion for HR?
If so, Univision is the place for you. We are looking for an enthusiastic, effective, self-starter to provide strategic and tactical support and deliver HR services and programs to employees in our Miami Production facilities.
As a member of the Human Resources team, you will provide functional support to an energetic television production team in the areas of Human Resources Administration, Onboarding, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Compensation Planning, Union Awareness, Rewards and Recognition, Training and Development, Employee Engagement, Succession Planning, Organizational Design and Workforce Planning. You will serve as the Employee and Company champion while working consultatively with our local leaders to drive culture change and business transformation.
• Act as a day to day resource to the employees and managers regarding Univision’s Policies, Procedures and Programs, including their interpretation and administration
• Ensure compliance with employment-related laws and company policies
• Address employee relations matters and conduct investigations as needed. Identify and escalate employee issues to the HR leadership, as appropriate
• Provide guidance to managers on employee communication, conflict resolution, contract interpretation and other employee issues and concerns
• Responsible for fostering a positive working environment where employees are comfortable addressing issues and concerns with their managers and HR
• Ensure open positions are filled timely and in a manner that is consistent with Univision, federal, state, and local guidelines
• Recommend and implement employment processes which efficiently secure the best and most qualified applicants for open positions
• Conduct new employee orientations and other trainings.
• Conducts routine audits and reporting: I-9’s, contract management, headcount reports, Handbook Acknowledgement Forms, etc.
• Prepare internal employee communications regarding activities and upcoming events
• Work with HR Operations, Payroll, and other centralized work teams to timely process and administer client requests, such as, job status, location, manager changes, promotions, transfers, terminations, etc.
• Troubleshoot and proactively resolve employee discrepancies with payroll, vacation time, and job titles, etc.
• Regularly interact with executives, managers, and employees to ensure alignment
• Partner with Corporate teams and external providers to deliver on training and development initiatives for client groups as needed
• Manage special projects and other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
• BA/BS in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
• Minimum of three years of HR experience beyond administrative HR work
• Spanish/English fluency required (oral and written)
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point skills, as well as HRIS systems (Workday experience preferred)
• Experience working in fast-paced, complex, innovation- driven environments (production environments a plus)
• Able to deal with ambiguity and change
• Confident and effective in dealing with all levels of management
• Outstanding time management, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships and trust with business leaders
• Ability to quickly become a confident, credible resource for employees on all HR-related matters
• Passion for employee engagement and problem-solving
• Willingness to work alternative schedules during event and show productions
Desired Skills & Experience
• MBA or advanced degree in Human Resources related field
• Relevant Human Resources certification (PHR/SPHR)
• Workday or similar enterprise HRIS
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural organization
• Prior media industry experience
• Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL
• Employment/education will be verified
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled