We are seeking an HR Manager with a minimum of 10 years’ experience as an HR Manager or Director level position.
The desired candidate will have a strong manufacturing background in a privately held global, multi-site company. The successful candidate will act as a strategic partner to support the alignment of business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. This position is a corporate leader in Chicago and will partner with the managers at our sites to coach and consult on Human Resource related issues. The successful HR Manager will act as an employee champion and change agent while assessing and anticipating HR-related needs. Managing and communicating proactively with the internal HR staff, the HR Manager seeks to develop HR solutions. You will work effectively across the company to deliver value added services to leaders and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. You will need to maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business unit supported. Major areas of focus are employee relations, employee engagement, employee communications, compensation, benefits, recruiting and related functions such as training, immigration and safety.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide strategic and human resources management support to the corporate office and our facilities .
- Oversees HR Generalists at international facilities.
- Manages the development and success of an HR Corporate team.
- Develops and administer various human resources plans and procedures
- Develops, recommends, and implements HR policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook on policies and procedures
- Stays up to date on new state and federal laws concerning employee relations and company policies
- Works directly with management on employee relations issues for exempt and non-exempt employees, including coaching, succession planning and progressive discipline. Address root causes of issues and resolves through a systematic and analytical approach, including investigations.
- Leads benefit administration function; manages programs and internal staff who handle answering employee questions about benefits, taking employees through the enrollment process, leading annual open enrollment and wellness program.
- Collaborates with Controller when reviewing annual benefit plans and changes
- Supports succession planning and talent acquisition process, ensuring alignment with proper succession and high potential planning in line with the defined strategy and needs of the business.
- Acts as coach to managers regarding Performance Management/Review process.
- Partners to provide guidance and expertise in compensation programs.
- Provides thought leadership and tactical assistance during all initiatives that require change management expertise.
- Owns the HR onboarding program with continuous development of the onboarding framework in partnership with corporate leaders; measure program for effectiveness.
- Responsible for responding to and maintaining all employee and applicant documentation as required by governing agencies.
- Drives the international hiring process.
- Oversees the implementation and maintenance of the HR system.
- Works closely with global HR team to create and roll out global HR initiatives.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years' working in Manufacturing
- 10+ years' experience managing local and global staff members
- 10+ years' of employee relations experience
- SHRM SPHR or PHR certification
- Experience in a multi-site, global company
- Strong decision making skills that align with our company culture
- Knowledgeable of immigration laws
- Knowledgeable of HRIS systems with a technological aptitude
We are offering a challenging and interesting opportunity with extensive responsibilities in a dynamic, essential industry and a growing company. Comprehensive benefits package includes a matching 401(k) plan, tax-free transit, free onsite parking and more.