Human Resources Manager
CBI Health is Canada's leading community-based healthcare provider, delivering both rehabilitation and home health services. Our integrated, interdisciplinary network delivers physical and mental health services in clinic, home and facility settings or remotely through virtual care / telehealth. With over 12,000 dedicated staff supporting over 800 communities across the country, we deliver proven outcomes that meet the healthcare needs of Canadians.
If you’re a goal-oriented HR professional who wants to work as a trusted advisor to the business and ready to play a key role in driving our team member engagement and well-being, growing our leaders and evolving our talent practices, this role may be your next move.
The HR Manager reports to the National Director, Human Resources and will partner with business leaders in the planning, development and implementation of HR strategies and programs that support business priorities. The HR Manager will provide direct guidance to regional leaders in all aspects of leadership, workforce, talent and employee development.
This role will be overseeing the Human Resources operations for the Ontario Rehab Clinic locations.
Take an inside look at what you’ll do each day
- With the support of the HR leader, and in partnership with business partners, the HR Manager implements and drives HR programs in support of CBI’s HR strategy;
- Collaborate, influence, and provide direct guidance to regional leaders, and their teams on all aspects of workforce and change management, including building organizational capability;
- Drive the talent strategy for the region and use impact and influence to build robust, actionable plans that mitigate risks and gaps;
- Partner with HR Centres of Expertise (e.g. Organizational Development / Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Health and Safety etc.) and other areas (e.g. HR Service) to identify and recommend optimal solutions that enable business priorities;
- Drive integrated talent, performance and compensation management practices to enable execution of business priorities,
- Lead with the business in assessing and strengthening leadership depth and employee capability through support of integrated leadership programs and development opportunities;
- Manage a team of HR professionals in the execution of HR programs including activities related to talent management and acquisition, organizational design / development and learning and development, engaging CoE partners as needed;
- Lead organizational change including business restructuring and the associated talent strategy, applying established talent management practices;
- Work to simplify HR processes and streamline activities to improve end-to-end processes;
- Act as an advisor to the business while managing and assuming ownership of complex and sensitive HR matters;
- Other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful
- University Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in human resources, professional services consulting, or a comparable role within a corporate environment;
- Key capabilities: business acumen, advisor and consultant, organizational awareness, impact and influence and facilitation skills;
- Strong project management and change management skills and experience;
- Hold a valid Ontario Driver’s license and be able to frequently travel.