Strategic business partner to the Director of Operations to foster a high-performance culture which emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs, and evaluates the organization's human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, training, benefits, recruitment, compliance and employee relations. Manages the HR and Safety initiatives in accordance with the policies and practices of the corporation, ethical business standards, and the laws, regulations, and administrative rulings of governmental agencies and other regulatory or advisory authorities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Writes directives and/or provides coaching regarding human resources policies and practices as well as modifies and maintains the employee handbook.
* Recruits, interviews and helps select employees to fill new or vacant jobs.
* Administers performance review program to ensure timeliness, effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
* Conducts job analysis, edits and maintains job descriptions.
* Analyzes wage and salary report data to determine competitive compensation plans.
* Assists with Worker's Compensation program.
* Legal liaison for Company litigation.
* Promotes positive employee relationships through fair and equitable treatment of employees; ensures the consistent, impartial application of established Company policies.
* Investigates and partners on employee relations issues.
* Administers the development and execution of short and long term operational objectives for the Human Resources Department that are aligned with the strategic and operational plans.
* Manages time, attendance, and payroll systems, processes, and procedures; ensures compliance.
* Manages unemployment cases.
* Manages HR administration, ensures compliance of all record keeping.
* Provides Company metrics and reporting as required.
* Supports the development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
* Develops and maintains knowledge related to all laws, regulations, and statutes governing human resource activities, proactively engaging in and supporting communications or activities to ensure compliance and oversee policy administration.
* Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
**Other duties may be assigned
* Supervises the HR staff of 4-5, as well as the Safety Manager.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assisting, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Provides ongoing training to applicable staff to develop and encourage their technical and operational performance. Meets with appropriate staff on a timely basis for performance evaluations and goal setting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed in a normal office environment with minimal physical risks involved. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
Minimal travel required, up to 10%.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* BA/BS in Human Resources, or related degree program required.
* HR Management experience in manufacturing environment required.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in an HR Management role.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in an Employee Relations Management role.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SPHR or advanced degree in Human Resources preferred.