Oversee all human resource functions of a 250+ person non-union manufacturing facility. This includes oversight of both manufacturing and salaried /office employees. Provides strategic direction and change management support to empower and solve business needs in the areas of talent, culture, and operational excellence.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities
- Supports WCOM initiatives and leads T&E pillar
- Promotes and supports Bemis health and wellness initiatives
- Accountable for accurate data entry, understanding current Workday processes, and partnering with business leaders to ensure data integrity
- Handles all types of employee inquiries and issues
- Ensures delivery of annual trainings such as union avoidance, anti-harassment, core values, etc.
- Handles escalated employee inquiries and issues
- Provides guidance to leaders regarding employee matters to include performance coaching, Performance Improvement Plans, Individual Development Plans, Human Capital Plans, succession planning, salary planning, etc.
- Provides guidance on workforce planning which may include organizational re-design work, facilitation of a Talent Review/Selection process, job description creation and analysis, promotions, etc.
- Conducts employee investigations, discipline, termination, etc.
- Partners and collaborates with business leaders and serves as a member of the leadership team
- Responsible for project management of various initiatives, and may serves as a team/project leader in company-wide projects generated from Business Partners and the Corporate HR function
- Partners with the HR COE and Shared Services to ensure alignment with the needs of the business in the creation and delivery of HR programs
- Acts as the primary liaison between employees, union (if applicable), and management. Provides union avoidance training.
- Protects employee data and handles all information with integrity and confidentiality
- Build, inspire, and lead teams/individuals in alignment with the overall Human Capital Strategy
- Ensures we are hiring, developing, and retaining our best people
- Support HR Service Delivery Model and encourage employees to leverage the model
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise – best practice sharing
- Drive consistency and sustainability with initiatives throughout the operation
- Assist in the development of a world class organization and demonstrated leadership in building Bemis culture.
- Successfully achieve milestone targets for HR roadmap
- Institutionalize the performance management process and demonstrate differentiation in rewards.
- Foster change leadership.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Clear understanding of Bemis' Global Total Rewards Strategy
- Working knowledge of HR Systems
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo through collaboration and influence
- Change & thought leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Results oriented and execution skills
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, or related field
- 5-7 years of Human Resource experience; experience leading and developing professionals
- Minimum of 2-3 years of HR management experience
- Previous project management skills required
- PHR certification preferred