Are you self-motivated, are you dynamic, are you excited to be part of a world class human resources team? Do you have an interest in making a difference in a privately held company that is committed to innovation, leadership development, and your continued growth? If you are a human resources leader, then Basic American Foods has a great management opportunity for you.
Basic American Foods, family owned and operated since 1933, is a market leader and innovator in shelf stable food products within consumer foods and the foodservice industry. Our strong employee-focused culture facilitates collaborative working environments while providing opportunities for advancement and professional development.
The Human Resources Manager originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented high performance culture that emphasizes the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Plans and administers policies relating to all facets of human resources activities. Lead the facility labor relations strategy, programs, policies, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage the facility labor relations including functioning as a member of the negotiating team, maintaining an excellent working knowledge of labor contract provisions to safeguard the company's ability to effectively run its operations, participation in grievance resolution, discipline recommendations, and other related activities as required. Lead the contract negotiations for the respective plant.
- Responsible Coach and consult with line management/leaders by recommending, initiating, implementing, and interpreting policies and processes to ensure that the management of human assets is carried out in a consistent and equitable manner in order to maintain a productive work environment.
- Administer Responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success for the facility. Plans and directs activities of staff in carrying out such functions as developing sources of qualified applicants, screening applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews, administering tests, checking references and background, evaluating applicant qualifications, and onboarding new hires. Serve as the facility EEO Coordinator and ensures compliance with Affirmative Action and other applicable laws.
- Establish and oversee effective safety and security programs meeting regulatory compliance. Ensure that adequate records are maintained and develop policies as required. Develop and implement employee training and development initiatives directed toward meeting strategic, compliance, productivity improvement, and employee development goals.
- Plan and oversee the annual HRbudget. Plans and executes employee events relevant to benefits, wellness, recognition, training, and community involvement.
- Administer salary and benefit processes including a working knowledge of health and retirement plans within established Company policy and practices. As appropriate, recommend changes to current processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field plus a minimum of five years of Human Resources experience.
- PHR or SPHRpreferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
-PHR or SPHR certified -Broad-based and progressive HRexperience -Human Resources Management experience in a manufacturing environment -Proven leadership skills -Commitment to lifelong learning -Innovative, resourceful, and solutions-oriented thought leader -Ability to lead change and achieve goals through cross-functional collaboration, influence, and business partnership -Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to Sr. leadership -High energy and drive to promote a culture of wellness and continuous improvement -Self-directed, diligent, and a willingness to be a hands-on, working manager
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Office Environment
- Required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms; must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Proactively manage safety by ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and internal Company polices. Regularly complete behavior based safety observations. Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- All employees are responsible for upholding the principles of SQF 2000.
- All employees are responsible for immediately reporting any food safety, food quality or plant security issues to management for appropriate action.
Our salaried employees receive ten paid holidays, a personal paid holiday, and immediately begin accruing vacation at the rate of three weeks per year in addition to our generous sick leave policy.